Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dodging Objects

Have you ever felt like you were standing in the middle of the room as if you were in a movie and everything was spinning around and around you? Sometimes the objects are moving quickly and other times they are moving slowly. Dodging left and right trying to avoid being hit by the flying object? Me too!

Lately, I just feel like this is where I am at in life. Please do not take me wrong because I am basically happier then I have ever been, but I also feel stuck. Not stuck as I am in a rut but stuck where there are plans and you see it getting closer but then just stuck there never letting that plan come into action.

I am not the only one feeling like this, Todd is as well. We have so many objects coming at us, work, children, health but it is nice to know that we have one another. I feel bad, he told me the other night that I am the one thing he is happy with in his life and I made him feel as if he is failing me.

How can I do this to the man that grounds me? He is my best friend. The one person that I can count on that will be in my corner. Yes, he may tell me I am wrong but he is still in that corner. He is the one that will stand up for me even if it will cause more problems for him in the long run (only when he feels that it is right as well though and that is the way it should be.). He is the one that makes me laugh. Laughter is so important to me. It is he who makes me smile.

I love his little touches. I love how he will walk by and tickle my butt no matter who is in the room. He will go out of his way to try to make me feel better and provide me with whatever I am missing or think I need. He is the one man in my life that has treated me with respect. He holds me every night just about for a little while. He will comfort me when my feelings are hurt. He completes me.

He cares about my children. I'm not saying putting up with them but he cares about their welfare as well. His children were nearly grown when he took me in and knowing he would be helping me raise the younger two basically.

Now we have our issues from time to time, but when we share our feelings, we then think about what the other said. I have found he listens and then puts my feelings first. How can all this be failing me?

Even if I have objects swarming around me, I know I have this wonderful man, my soul mate, my best friend, my lover, my husband. He is my shield protecting me from all the objects. I do love him so much. What or who protects you from the objects flying about?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.