Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

For Everyone in the United States...Happy Thanksgiving! My last Thankful Thursday post for this year 2010. In my past blogs I shared how I was thankful for my family and friends and I truly am THANKFUL for them.

I'm THANKFUL for a job. The way our economy is today you can not take having a job regardless if it is crappy or a great one for granted. I am THANKFUL that I am bringing money home in order to pay my bills and a few extras if needed.

I am THANKFUL heat in the house. This time last year our furnace broke and we were without heat for 5 days. I am very THANKFUL that we have heat that was a rather cold 5 days when we live in Iowa and it is winter here. I am also THANKFUL that we replaced the central air unit at the beginning of July and not even 2 weeks later. Iowa did have an unusually warm spring but if we would have waited just too more weeks we would have been in a long stretch over 100 degrees and it would have been so much worse.

I am THANKFUL for hair color. I am not ready to have my hair gray yet. I know that contradicts what I tell Todd. I really do love the gray in his hair. It makes men sexy but women just older. I am not ready to look like a grandma yet.

I am THANKFUL that I was able to lower my top number with my blood pressure now to keep working and lower the bottom number, it is the serious one.

I am THANKFUL for bfads.net This website post the Black Friday ads before they hit the stands. I also have found some very nice people there as well.

I wish I could say I am THANKFUL for world peace and no more major illness in our lives today.

I am THANKFUL I had the opportunity for an education.

"It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart." Author Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.