Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tackle It Tuesday



This week's Tackle it Tuesday I worked on two task.

Project One is actually on my blog site here. Organization, organization is what I need even on my blog site. I worked on my pages at the top: "Recipes", "My Photography", and "My Poetry". I wanted more of a website feel with it. I wished I took some photos of some of the before shots.

"Recipes" - there was not actually a page for it on the top, just a label on the right. Instead I created it's own page with a home page as such. Breaking everything down to categories.

After you click on the link this is what you will see now.

at the bottom of the page there is a link to return you to Recipe's home page. On my actual blog site I do not plan to have the recipes on it, however a picture of my food product and then a link to the page for the recipe like this...

"My Photography" - before they were just posted with me making some sort of divider and it just randomly kept going on like the Energizer Bunny. Now I have a home page for this page as well...Everything has categories here as well. After you click on the link it will take you to my pages with the photos...

(picture to be added in two days...after I get more batteries for my camera. )

At the bottom of this page there is a link that will bring you back to the My photography's home page.

"My Poetry" - before shot

Like the "My Photography" the poetry is all there and I created the borders to separate the poems. Now this page as a home page as well...

After clicking on the link it will bring you to my poem page...

Once again at the bottom of the page is a link to the My Poetry home page.

I feel good with my start on this. I just have several more photos keep adding now.

Project Two is my laundry room. My laundry room is the one thing I HATE in my house. I do not like to use the word HATE but there is nothing I can use other then this word. My laundry room is just a closet, alright I can deal with that. Many people have a laundry room in a closet. HOWEVER this closet is located in the Master Bedroom. Why someone would have added the laundry room to the Master Bedroom is beyond my own imagination. This means the kids (we have a total of 6 if your are new to my blog.) are in and out of our room while Todd is trying to sleep during the day (he works 3rd shift) or if they start their load late, they think they can keep me up finishing it up. You did notice the word "think", I have put a time limit on it, midnight is their cut off. One time one of them thought they could keep doing laundry until 4 am after that is when I placed a time limit or to say shut off time. I have been known to lock the bedroom door at that time. Empty bottles seem to accumulate since I am not the only one who works on laundry. At times, I just get sick of picking up after people all the time. Let's face it the youngest is 10 years old and the oldest is 23 years old. They are all capable of picking up after their self.
Here is my before shot...


We had the vaporizer out due to the fact of sick people and one of the kids just placed it on my dryer. What a mess! This has been a project I have wanted to do for a month, so I worked on it tonight (Monday, my birthday) and here is my after shot...



Now I have room for another laundry basket to place up there as well. I still think more can be done, like my storage box of photos on the top shelf but this will do until I get to one of the other closets where I can store my photos. I sort of like it in my room for the time being since I have been working on scanning old photos to try to keep a step ahead of the game for Joshua's graduation this May.

This has been entered on 5 Minutes For Moms


1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT tackle! Lots of love and work went into this. Your blog is very organized, and very pretty! I have a laundry room similar to yours, and I don't like mine, either, but it looks like you've got it organized.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.