Monday, January 24, 2011

Follow up ~ To Do List 2011

We are getting close to the end of the first month in 2011. Time for me to step back and look at my To Do List. I seriously need to look at this to stay on track and accomplish crossing off items on my list.

To Do List ~ 2011 Style

  1. To become healthier. Let's face it if I do not I know I am shortening my life. I have children who need me, I have soon to be grandchildren I want to see, I just want to enjoy life plain and simple. I know I am not invincible, we all will die some day, but I need to take care of myself. I plan to watch my sodium intake once again. Try to move more as long as the knee continues to let me. The weight I will lose will also help my knee, my high blood pressure, and possibly rid the borderline diabetes. I'm not going to say "I'm going to lose XX amount of weight by XX date. It does not work that way for me. Plain and simple, I need to become healthier.
  2. Organization. I am going to check this off once I have all of my closets organized, kitchen cupboards organized, and the shed. I see Craig List in my future for some things in the shed, if not then they will be donated. This house is packed to the gills now with so many boom-a-rangs flying back at us.
  3. To take my finances by the horn. I am going to get all the medical bills paid off and the one last credit card that haunts me previous to moving to Iowa City. I want this in the worse way. I want to join checking accounts with my husband.
  4. Joining Accounts leads me to the next thing on my list. Combine our car insurance. It's silly we both have our own coverage right now. I think it only makes sense to have one car insurance carrier.
  5. To actively find another job. I am praying the economy is good enough for me to cross this one of my list. I just want to have a "college level paying job". I have never had this strong of an urge until my 25th high school reunion. I feel as a career person I have failed. Do not take me wrong, I am a hard worker and succeed in that way, I just think I have failed with having a degree and working entry level positions. I want to have a savings. I want to be able to afford summer clothing or school clothes and not be paying for it 2 months later with my budget.
  6. Paint the inside of the house. Oh, this has been on my list for 2 years and the only thing I have not crossed off. This year will be my year.
  7. Continue with our dance lessons. What more can I say. I love it. I love spending the time with Todd. I love getting out and doing something enjoyable. I love working out and having fun as I am working out.

Let's see... time to break it down.

1. To become healthier. Yeah, I am behind in this now. I started out the first week well but then as usually I let life get in my way. Todd and I sat down and seriously are looking at menus for us to stay on task to become healthier. I finally found a great Taco Seasoning that I can make with only 2 mg of sodium and only 3.5 g of carbs. This will be great for both Todd and I. I need to keep researching and I guess back to making 2 dinners...one healthier for us and one healthy but normal for the children.

2. Organized. Well I feel that I am on track with this so far. January's goal was to organize the Kitchen. I feel successful with that. Next will by my bedroom and the small living room in the month of February.

3. Finances, small steps here. I think if I did not have a Senior this year I would be in good shape. Senior year's expenses are putting a slow moving on some of the outstanding medical bills.

4. Joining Accounts...not even close until the medical bills are paid and one credit card. I have to be able to cross of #3 in order to begin #4.

5. Actively look for a job. Yeah, that did not happen in the month of January.

6. Paint the inside of the house. :) This has begun in the Kitchen. Woo Hoo

7. Continue dance classes. Completely crossed off for this session. Classes begin tomorrow night.

Alright re-cap, some are well yet others not too great. I have to get moving on #1 seriously!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.