Wednesday, January 5, 2011

NOW HEAR THIS!!!

AHEM...AHEM

I have never ever owned a new appliance before. I mean, I have never went out and picked out a new appliance before and actually walked away from the store purchasing said appliance knowing within a day or two it will not only be delivered but installed and the old removed UNTIL NOW!!!

We purchased a new furnace a year ago and 6 months ago a new central air. While our furnace was being replaced we noticed the water heater is cracked and know it will be going next. Our dear stove has been giving me fits now for nearly 2 years. It started with the heating element in the oven. My wonderful husband was able to replace it, however it still did not work correctly. I mean it worked but it would not heat properly, it would take longer sometimes and other times over cooked. NO it was not the cook, the temperature was unpredictable. I kept baking away in hopes that in 2010 we would be able to get a new but then the furnace and central air unit went bad.THEN the large burners started to throw a fit about 10 months ago. First the front one would not heat all the time. I have to take a stone that sharpens knives to the prong thingy attached to the electric burner. This still did not guarantee it would stop working while I was using it. NEXT the other large burner in the back started to rebel. I have to wiggle it just to make it work. The other day the back burner had smoke coming from the prong thingy area for a little bit then started to make this knocking noise. I think it was screaming, "HEY, I am used so much and I'm tired. I AM TIRED I AM TELLING YOU!!!! ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH!!!"

Sunday, Todd and I went to Lowe's to look for a thermometer for his new smoker. We walked out without a thermometer but a new stove. Yippee! No more over baking cookies, brownies, cakes. No more burning dishes in the oven or taking longer then it should because it did not cook thoroughly. No more rushing and putting it in the microwave to finish cooking at least Todd's dish because he had to go to work early. No more thinking my meat is browning when actually the burner shut off without my knowledge.

It was delivered yesterday. It is not a fancy stove but it is a good one. It is a stove that will work properly and an oven that works too. Just in time for me to do a lot of baking for our Christmas with Todd's family.

Now I think my refrigerator is a little jealous. We have electrician tape holding one of the shelves in the door that broke last summer and the meat tray fell off as well. Oh well, it will have to be jealous for a little while longer, next big purchase is definitely the new water heater.

2 comments:

  1. :) This just made me smile. It really is the little things in life. Hope you have ALL happy appliances soon (BTW, I think my washing machine is considering a strike). LOL. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I think my dryer will be on the picket line with your washing machine. Oh the joys of being a homeowner. I think our toilet in the main bathroom needs repaired again. This would be the 4th time in the 6 years I have lived here. I am not sure what is going on with it.

    So let's see...new furnace, new central air unit, new stove, soon to be new refrigerator. Need new dryer (washer would be nice as a set ;D) Hmmm...I think we would be set. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.