Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Day back in November 2007

I'm re-posting a blog from another site. This blog was posted on November 11, 2007. In the next few months you will see why I thought I should re-post it. Remember this was a little more then 3 years ago.


Wow!! What a Weekend! I am so tired, I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Actually last week was sooooo long. I ended up working 17 1/2 hours overtime. Friday came and I was too tired to do anything around the house where I needed to for the boys' birthday party the next day. Our toilet in the main bathroom has been out of service for close to two weeks now. Todd is not a handyman, as to what he says. However, I don't think he gives his self credit. He ended up having to take the floor out as well. It's not done yet, but he is working on it still....back to Friday (Flashback)...I get home and go upstairs...there at the top of the steps in the small living room is our toilet. At that moment, I chose to give up for the day...I wasn't going to get much done for the party except baking the cakes.

Saturday came and Todd and I went to Menards to get the sub flooring and the new vinyl for the bathroom...Mom and Carlos came up from Des Moines. With my Mom's help the cake was completed in time. The house ended up being good enough and the party started with no toilet in the small living room. Ethan had 3 of the 5 kids show up and poor little Noah had none show up. He was such a trooper and tried to carry on, but it was rough on him. At 3:00 when the party was over, all of a sudden we heard a knock on the door and behold...Doug, Noah's best friend. His Mother got the time mixed up and he ended up staying for an hour to play. Noah cheered up right away when Doug came over. Overall, I think the day went well. Todd ended up picking up some extra hours and worked...both days off and had to go in early tonight. I missed spending quality time with him this weekend. It was great to spend quality time with my Mom.

It was a good weekend overall. I wish my Mom lived closer. I do miss her. Here are some pictures from the party.





1 comment:

  1. I'm so curious to find out why the reposting is important. You've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals