Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tackle it Tuesday

So many things were tackled yet one room was not. I wanted to have all of my Christmas decorations down on Monday since we had our last celebration on Saturday but I was too pooped to do it. Completely worn out from the days prior and an ungrateful child that day. I was only able to get the small living room and kitchen completed.

I took a couple days off last week Thursday and Friday to shampoo and bake. I shampooed all of the carpets upstairs except for 1 bedroom. Alright, the small living room, the boys' bedroom and my bedroom as well as dusted everything upstairs including blinds and vacuumed and dusted the main living room downstairs. I did not have the energy to shampoo downstairs, nor would my body allow it. My body was screaming at me by 5 pm when I had to cook. **head hanging low** I was too embarrassed to take before shots, so no photos of before and after. One of the cat's my step-daughter's was in heat the week prior and made messes all over the house. She being pregnant could not clean it up and the hubs would not always do it as well since he was not aware of it. NOW it's clean and the cat will be fixed tomorrow. Woo Hoo!

Friday morning I finished shampooing the main living room then took the Rug Doctor back. By 11:15 am I was in the kitchen baking for Saturday's events as well as making 2 of my dishes. I was very happy with what I did although I lived in the kitchen on Friday.





Saturday I made a couple of more dishes then we celebrated. After everyone left, I started to tackle the laundry. With 8 at home for this one last weekend (1 goes off to college again this past weekend as well.) we have a mountain of laundry. Sunday we went to the store and picked up some more items to help organize some more of the kitchen and look at what ceiling fan to install with the remodeling. I tackled the cabinet below the sink

Before Shot
After Shot

After we cleaned the carpet o.k. mainly me we realized our carpet cleaning solutions were stored in 3 places now they are all in the laundry room, so that was organized again. I will spare you with another after shot until I move the box of photos.

Sunday was also the day I took down the White Christmas tree and decorations upstairs.

Before Shot

After Shot

I did not take the after shot until today. Monday my husband ran to Menards and picked up some paint for the ceiling, the new fan so on the right side you will see the boxes he dropped off there. Next week's tackle is to finish the last two drawers in the kitchen and the last of the decorations downstairs. Who knows...maybe some painting in the kitchen as well. My goal for January was to tackle all the cabinets and drawers in kitchen including the pantry. Goal nearly tackled.

This has been posted on 5 Minutes for Moms.

3 comments:

  1. I love all you treats, especially the snow man cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those treats look so cute and so yummy! Your Christmas tree is (was?) pretty, too. I like the way you organized under your sink. I wish I could get my family to respect baskets and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I have the recipes here if interested. As for the baskets. Ha ha ha... I do not think they will respect them if I didn't find baskets that fit perfectly in the spaces. The under the counter one should have went the other way, with the top basket sliding but the pipes in the back were in the way so we placed it sideways. They have to respect the basket because there isn't any room to put it else where under there. LOL Clever Woman I was this time. he he he

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals