Monday, February 21, 2011

Miscellany Monday

I am very happy I have today off, it will be our last holiday until May though.  I plan on working on the house.  The kitchen is nearly done. The floor needs to be laid today and then it will be just a lot of little things.  It is coming together nicely.  I can not wait until it is done, I am tired of painting in the kitchen. I am tired of hearing Kera yell about the smell and her dirty looks.

I enjoyed spending time with my mom on Saturday.  I wish she lived closer or gas was less expensive.  I did not see any of my sisters but I was okay with that.  I had my mom all to myself and enjoyed time with her, nothing against my sisters.  We went to Joshua's Choral Reading competition and then spent a few hours at her place. I was able to cut out all the squares for Kera's baby's quilt I will be making someday after all the painting is done.

I had a fun time driving back with Ethan and Noah.  We basically were silly all the way home for the 2 hour drive.  I think they had a great time too. Ethan then went to a Valentine's Party.  I can not believe he is growing up and next year will be in high school.  What a weird feeling, I will have 2 in college, 1 in high school, and my baby's last year in elementary.  Time is flying by so fast with the younger two.

Todd is going to make reservations for a room next Saturday.  He felt we deserved some time away to ourselves after working so hard in the kitchen since January 15th and time away from the stress at home.  Right now we have a lot of typical young adult and teenage stress.  I have to admit, sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed other times it seems like a piece of cake with assisting their issues and demands.

I actually was able to sleep in this morning.  I went to bed last night around 9:30 but then woke up near 11:20 and was up another hour to an hour and a half.  I slept until 9:45 this morning.  My worn out body needed it.  It was great not having to wake up early to take someone somewhere or go somewhere myself.

I feel horrible that I have fallen behind on several blogs I follow because a lot of my spare time is working on the kitchen right now and trying to keep up with the laundry some.  Hopefully this week the kitchen will be done and then the house will come to order.  The last of the Christmas decorations will come down and we will start painting the main living room next and the foyers.  We picked up some of the laminate wood flooring for the foyer as well.  I will be so happy to be rid of the white linoleum in the kitchen and the foyer.  The only one left is our bathroom, but I do not see that on replaced anytime soon, that would required lifting the toilet and Todd absolutely hates doing that.


 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.