Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket

It's that time of week for Friday Confessional.  Please join Mamarazzi and Glamazon for confession!


I confess...

I planned on participating with the monthly VLOG but this week has been so crazy... I am very thankful now I had the rejuvenating weekend or who knows I may have been permanently like the picture I created at the beginning of that blog.   I also chickened out because ... well the house is a disaster.  I am hoping the kitchen is completed (well as completed as we are going to get for now.) this weekend so I can get the rest of the rooms in order.


I confess...

Due to the kitchen make-over, I still have all, not some but all of my Christmas decorations up in my main living room.  I have to get it down soon or I will never want to put it up next year.

I confess...

It has been a very long week.  We have compliance and company audit going on this week and next.  I have been peer reviewing and updating our customer service manual, our intranet site, as well as building new client sites who started this week on top of taking calls.  I still have to complete the special project I am on... projecting the number of calls we will have.  


I confess...

I really do not want to do this special project because I know it is going to lead to down sizing once again.

I confess...

My last confession this week is... we skipped our ballroom/social dancing this week.  I know!  I love the class too.  My husband works 3rd shift ~  9-1-1 dispatcher.  They have odd rotations 4 days on 2 days off but they have to have X amount of hours worked in a 6 week period according to the union, so after 4 weeks of an 8 hour shift the following 2 weeks are 10 hours.  This week is the second of his 2  10 hour week.  On top of it, with his job (they run a skeleton crew due to the economy) if someone is not working the shift has to be covered by others.  He had to work Monday night from 9 pm and was suppose to be off at 7 am but because someone called in sick he worked 9 pm Monday night until 11 am Tuesday.  He then came home and went to bed, only to receive a call from my son to be rescued.  His car broke down on the interstate. To make a longer story short, he ended up with only 1 hour of sleep before we met for dance class.  He was not going to be able to nap after class because classes are over with at 7:30 and he needed to be at work at 9.  I asked if he wanted to go home to go to bed instead but he did not want to disappoint me he said.  So as he was drifting off to sleep while I was driving he never noticed that I went the opposite way from our class and headed home.  His sleep was more important then any dance class.  

Photobucket 





10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you missed your dance class but it is very thoughtful that you put your husband first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always next week.
    I'm going to try to participate in the vlog next month. I'm not sure I'll get it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vlog was so much fun! You should totally do it next month!
    Sorry you missed your class. But making your hubby happy is awesome!
    BTW, your kids are pretty cute. Can I say that when they are older? Who cares, they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, Ballroom Dancing. That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could talk my hubby into something like that. Sorry you missed your class.

    I have some of my Christmas decor still out too!! We're adding onto our house and there is just NO WHERE to put it all!! I did take the ornaments off of my tree and redecorated it in Valentine's Day stuff! LOL :) I posted a pic on my blog a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm thinking Easter...or just spring maybe?? ;)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Ballroom dancing. Sounds like a nice little way to get away from the craziness that is life. Hope things get easier or at least more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to take a ballroom dancing class.

    And you can still do a vlog. It's never too late!!!

    Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I confess... I'm behind in blog reading.

    I confess... I still haven't checked into dance lessons for my husband and me. There is just such limited time! I know that's just an excuse. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I confess I have no bloody idea what Vlog is! Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aimee, a Vlog is a video log.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ballroom dancing sounds like fun! Sorry you missed your class, but it was for a sweet reason.

    I have seen people's houses with their Christmas wreaths on the doors and the Christmas lights still up, so don't feel alone ;)

    Good luck with the remodel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.