Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rejuvenating Weekend

 *** insert shrilling scream***

I Really needed a night away
At least one night away
Away from the hustle and bustle of...

THE MESS
the mess in the main living room
the mess in the small living room
the mess in the kitchen

THE KIDS
Mom I need money for Spain
Mom I need money for 4th Ave Jazz
Mom he is hitting me
Mom you just don't understand
Dad what do you mean you need your car, I need it.
Dad I can't access my money still
Dad I need money for gas.
No, you can't go to your meeting, I need your car.

THE JOB
Well Yeah, about that...
We need you to work on a project.
This project is to project...
how many calls we will receive.
This will then give us a clearer idea...
how many CSRs we really need.
Oh by the way... 
No bonus points for working on this,
You may be on the chopping block 
just like everyone else. 

THE LACK OF SLEEP
Mom I need you to get up early because
although it is Saturday, I need to be at school
at 5 am AND
I won't be back until 2 am.
Stripping...stripping...Painting...Painting...Painting

I needed some time away to regroup.
To reconnect with my partner in life.
My partner who shares the same concerns.
The One and Wonderful Husband 
needed this too.

He made the call to his Mom 
A suite awaited for us.
No mess!
No kids!
No job!
Relaxation!
Sleep!
A little gambling!

Awh... it was rejuvenating
My batteries are charged
I am ready for...

THE MESS
Come on...take me on now.
That's right!  I will conquer you.

THE KIDS
Come on...take me on now.
That's right!  You still won't get everything
BUT I will be more understanding
and will still love you no matter what.

THE JOB
Come on...please keep me!

THE LACK OF SLEEP
It is AMAZING how one night of wonderful sleep
Can change the entire perspective on things. 
It was a wonderful night away.

I love the children
BUT sometimes with 3 young adults...
1 Senior in High School
1 Junior High kid
1 Elementary Kid
1 Boyfriend living with us
Grandchild on the way
3 cats
A person just needs more then a Calgon moment...
More like 24 hours minimum.
It makes a world of difference.

***choir singing Hallelujah**

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Tee Hee....and wait! What? Boyfriend living with you? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, boyfriend living with us. Baby Daddy moved from Florida here to be with Kera and the baby. He moved in the day after Valentine's Day. Current plan is they will be here until they are able to find an apartment of their own. Apartments are harder to come by here because of the college. May-June there will be some openings (subleasing) but the bulk are available in August, when college kids move. We are definitely full at the Inn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals