Sunday, April 3, 2011

ABC of Jolene



A. Age: 44

B. Bed size: King

C. Chore you dislike: laundry and doing any type of work that capable people living in our house should do.  I am the Mom of the house that works 8 hours/a work day, not the servant.

D. Dogs: We have none at this time.  The boys and I had one but he became ill.  His name was Jordan and he was a schnauzer.

E. Essential start to your day:  Hitting my snooze button at least 3 times.

F. Favorite color: Blue and Red

G. Gold or silver: I love the way white gold looks with diamonds but I own yellow gold.

H. Height: 5'4" ... alright truth be known I am 5' 3 ¾"  I just add the last ¼" when I tell people how tall I am, especially when I have three sons that are way taller then I am.  My 14 year old is the tallest so far; he is taller then the nearly 18 year old and nearly 21 year old.  The top of my head reaches their nose, but I have the 11 year old beat by a full head still.

I. Instruments you play(ed): piano and briefly the guitar (like 2 months maybe)

J. Job title: Call Center Representative - DEA Implementation Coordinator.  I service (well for now, there is talk that our Call Center will be shut down due to the economy.) Dependent Eligibility Audits (DEA) and build the intranet sites for each of our clients to assist my colleagues to answer incoming calls.  We also are an extension to Human Resources for several mid size clients as well, assisting with benefits and enrollment issues.  We used to service self funded medical insurance as well as flexible spending but due to Health Care Reform we no longer service this product reducing our call volume tremendously, thus the rumor of shutting us down.  I also wrote and maintain our department manual (online) as well as train in our department.  I am the Jack of all trades and the guru as you could say in our department, but that does not make me safe for a job.  Everyone is replaceable.

K. Kids: Matthew (who will be 21 in May), Joshua (who will be 18), Ethan 14, Noah 11.   Step daughters, Kera (23) and Emily (20).  3 cats - Tilly (love her to pieces and one of my best friends), Cali (our beautiful one), and Millie (who is actually Kera's but she doesn't take care of her.)  **special note:  I hate the word step but only refer to them as step per their wish.  Kera will be having our first grandchild in July and the step will not be included with the grandchild.  To me "step" is a four letter word, we are family.  A blended one but family, however I will respect their wish.**

L. Live: Iowa...yes we have all 4 seasons and I hate Winter.  The older I get the more I hate Winter.

M. Most favoritest thing: Relaxing with my family, Laughing, and Dancing with my Prince Charming.

N. Nicknames: Jo

O. Overnight hospital stays: Other then birth of my four children, Overnight when I had my tonsils out back when I was 5 years old and 6 days when I had a severe kidney infection.  My fever spiked to 110 degrees and they put me in an ice bath to lower it quickly.

P. Pet peeves: People who argue with you because they do not want to provide the proper documents required for the audit of their dependent, such as the tax form that they can black out social security numbers and financial information.  All we look at is that it is the first page of the form, the names and that married filing jointly or separately is marked.  You would be surprised how many people file their taxes incorrectly to get more back.  They are cheating the government and then want me to feel sorry for them because they do not have the acceptable proof.  Cheaters never win!

Q. Quote from a movie: I love it when my husband quotes (it is his accent):
"I'm your Huckleberry" from Tombstone.
"You'll get yours Black Bart" from A Christmas Story
Any quote he repeats from Brad Pitt's character in Inglorious Basterds.  Joshua does a great job quoting from this movie as well. 

R. Righty or lefty: righty but during the Summer of 7th and 8th grade I tried desperately to become a lefty to be like Paul McCartney. he he he... silly girl.

S. Siblings: Lisa, Amy, and Katie.  In-Laws Michele (absolutely love her) and ex-in-laws that are still in my life due to my boys who mean a lot to me as well, Rhonda, Dave, and Tom.

T. Time you wake up: I have difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep at times.  Typically I shoot for 6:15 am M-F.  The garage door opening wakes me on the weekends around 7:15 am when my husband comes home from work.

U. Underwear: Yes, but they are not butt floss type.

V. Vegetables you don't like: Canned spinach, anything slimy.

W. What makes you run late: Depends on the day, sometimes my waking habits other my son's waking habits.

X. X-rays you've had: Many ankle x-rays, chest, kidneys, knees.  Are we talking more high tech or just plain x-rays?

Y. Yummy food you make: Depends on who you ask.  Any more they may say I do not salt the food enough because unless it absolutely needs it I have eliminated it due to my high blood pressure.  The eaters can add it if needed.  A favorite in my house is Taco Bake and anything sweet.

Z. Zoo animal favorites: Bears.  I love to snuggle with my big bear (hubby), he is my woobie, and so all bears to me look cuddly.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and became a follower! :) You have a beautiful family! Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. butt floss! LOL

    My 14 year old son is taller than I am, but that's not saying too much. I'm only about 5' 1" (and a 1/4!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals