Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday

This weeks Tackle is our tiny foyer and hallway into our main living room.  This is the before picture.  Yes, that is a patch job.  Not the best patch job but it was a major one my husband had to do.  Emily nearly 4 1/2 years ago put her foot right through the wall.  It was at her Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party and she was showing off for friends how when she was younger she would hold on to the spindles on the stairway and walk up the wall.  Only she was not that tiny little girl any longer and when she started to walk up the wall, her size 8 foot went through the plaster.  We even had to take her to the ER to have x-rays poor girl.  We lived with a pizza box lid taped to cover the hold for about a year and a half until Matthew's graduation.  Then I begged to have it repaired since we were going to have people coming to our house.  I love my husband but then he did not follow through with things, so instead of painting the entire wall white, he only painted the patch job, thus the two tone white wall we also had a stain just recently from one of the air fresheners, of course no one did it.


I purchased the wall paint over a year ago for my main living room.  When we purchased the flooring for the kitchen, we purchased additional to get rid of the old gross white, never comes clean linoleum.  Here is our tackle picture.  The walls have been painted and the floor is in place. now we need to add the trim.  I just love it.  Now I need to tackle those spindles.  Boy are they dirty!



I also have been tackling the UBP11!!!! So Many Blogs So Many New Friends!

This post has been linked to 5 Minutes for Moms.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, looks nice!! We also have the "no one did it" monster here too. I found you through Tackle it Tuesday, mine is here: http://www.sumnerrain.com/2011/04/05/tacke-it-tuesday-april-5/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.