Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket

It's that time of week for Friday Confessional. Please join Mamarazzi and Glamazon for confession!


I confess...

This is my 5th graduation I have planned/coordinated.  The 3rd in my house.  The 2nd of my actual children.  I have never felt more unorganized and behind in my entire life.

I confess...

I am a little frustrated with 'what can go wrong' seems to have gone wrong with preparing for this child's graduation.

I confess...

It started with the printer/scanner.  It died in February.  The wonderful hubs picked up another about a month later.  About two weeks later our computer caught a cold and ended up giving us the blue screen of death.  Thankfully the wonderful hubs was able to save all of my digital photos, however he missed the 500 plus scanned photos so I had to re-scan all of them (plus was I had the photos to re-scan).  The wonderful hubs had a vacation for 9 days in May, thus I did not have access to the computer that houses the photos for 9 days.  He did not do his honey to do list (the purpose of his vacation).  The only one that was important to me was finish painting the living room.  Thus the weekend before graduation (last weekend) I had to finish painting the living room instead of shampooing the carpet.  We had two children move out in May and the next weekend another move back.  All creating the house to be a mess.  Wednesday afternoon I was on vacation through today.  My plans were to finish everything by last night BUT it did not happen.  The boys did not clean their floors that day before going to school, so carpet shampooing did not happen until Thursday.  The wonderful hubs volunteered my services to my step daughter taking her to DHS to see what assistance she qualifies for on Thursday.  Our vacuum cleaner broke yesterday while I was trying to clean the carpet.  Thankfully we have my oldest vacuum cleaner as a back up, even though it is very small.

I confess...

No one in the house is helping me with straightening the house, however I might have a tiny melt down today making them assist me.  I still have to straighten up both living rooms, the kitchen, and clean the 3 bathrooms.  Pick up the porch, take all the clothing that the younger two boys out grew to Goodwill (5 large garbage bags full) and 2 large garbage bags of toys.  Scan 12 more photos to finish the slide show.  Make 2 display boards, find his letter and medals he earned for track and pick up the final ingredients for the 3 side dishes I am making for his party tomorrow.  Oh yeah, I still have to iron his gown before graduation tonight.   THEN tomorrow I will have to do what I normally do before the big shin dig.  I think I might be just too exhausted to thoroughly enjoy his party.

I confess...

All of the above has kept me from posting blogs as much as I typically do.  It is the reason I did not participate with May VLOG.  I had one all planned out cute too.  I was going to be in the main bathroom sitting on the toilet.  I planned on doing my VLOG with a British accent and say something like I am sitting on my Prince and Princess' thrown in honor of the Royal Wedding but it never happened because of the crazy life above.  I have missed two weeks of my Memes and commenting on the blogs I follow.  For that I am sorry.

Well that felt good.  Now to kick it in high gear to get my task done.  Have a Super Holiday Weekend Everyone!  Glamazon, I will miss reading your blogs but I hope you enjoy your break.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of things to break! Hope things get better. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just jump on over the hurdles doll...i always hate when it seems like one thing after another slows me down!!

    thanks for linking up !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll plan a great party despite the set backs! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals