Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!




Mother's Day...Oh what was your Mother's Day like?  Mine?  Well of course I had breakfast served to me in bed.  A beautiful tray with the best tasting French Toast and fresh strawberries, a nice glass of cold milk.  From there the children cleaned up their mess and spend the day with me.  We laughed and enjoyed one another's company.  My husband grilled steaks for us at dinner time.  Everyone got along, no bickerin one bit.  It was a nice and relaxing day.  The weather is perfect, not too hot nor too cold.


However here is the reality of my day.  I am a busy Mom of 4 boys and 2 step daughters.  My step daughters begun to move on Thursday and continued through Saturday.  They still have things here in our garage and one of the bedrooms downstairs.  We (the boys and I) moved what was left in Kera's room down to Emily's old room.  We then started to move bedrooms upstairs, Joshua into Kera's old room.  The boys have shared a room now for 6 years.  All 3 of them stuffed in one room.  Their mess this weekend has overflowed into our small living room.  Saturday was so busy with moving the actual beds around and Joshua's prom.  I was not able to get my shopping in so it flowed over to Sunday.

Today I just wanted to floors cleaned, next week will be their closets.  I think they are happy, however today all I heard was Joshua being irritable from lack of sleep from prom.  Ethan and Noah constantly bickering and actually fighting.  This morning my husband called to see if I wanted to go out for breakfast, he suggested Ethan and Noah to come along as well, but they were too tired.  Todd took me out for a nice breakfast and then to Lowe's to pick out my traditional new shrub (lilac bush) for Mother's Day.

 I did call my Mom but as usual she was taking care of Miranda so we could not talk.  70% of the time she has Miranda when I call her.  I know it must be tough on my sister to take care of a baby with special needs.  I just hope she doesn't take advantage of our Mother as well, sometimes she does lately.
 
Today was not any different then any other Sunday with exception of a few Happy Mother's Day and some achy muscles and joints AND just like every other day, I know I am loved. How was your Mother's Day?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals