Monday, May 30, 2011

To-Do List Check Up

Re-posting my Spring-To-Do List as well as my 2011 To-Do List.  How do you think I am doing with it?

SPRING TO-DO LIST





With so many upcoming important events...Joshua graduating and Kera having a baby, I think I need to create my Spring To Do List, that I will go back cross off as I complete things.
All items in blue I am not doing now.
The House...

 The Main Living Room
  • Paint the walls
  • Paint the foyer walls
  • Add new flooring
  • Clean the curtains
  • Clean the vents
  • Wash windows
  • Organize the closet
  • Shampoo Carpet
The stair way
  • Clean the spindles
  • Shampoo Carpet
  • Wash walls if we don't paint them
The Small Living Room 
  • Wash walls if we don't paint them
  • Wash windows
  • Clean vents
  • Clean curtain and blinds
  • Shampoo Carpet
  • Organize closet
  • Clean Linen closet
The Kitchen
  • Wash windows
  • Finish Curtain for the door
  • Make one more plate for the wall
  • Add the two sets of doors back.
My Bedroom
  • Clean vents
  • Shampoo Carpet
  • Clean closet
Porch
  • Wash windows
  • Put out patio furniture
  • Tidy up
  • Place plants out
Deck
  • Sweep
  • Plant flowers
  • Plant Herbs
  • Organize patio furniture
Outdoors
  • Get rid of 3 junked cars
  • Plant veggie garden  (1/2 done)
  • Clean up flower beds
  • Plant new butterfly/humming bird garden
  • Clean humming bird feeder
  • Add new mulch to landscaping
  • Mow and Trim lawn
Graduation
  • Design Open House Invitations
  • Make 2 board displays
  • Display Joshua's school work
  • Get Decorations out
  • Plant red and white Petunias for center pieces
  • Make slide show
  • Purchase guest book
  • Iron gown for graduation
  • Get hair colored to hide greys and hopefully help the bad hair style that the stylest did on her own by not listening to what I wanted.
  • Find a new outfit for me and Joshua
  • Mail invitations
  • Pick up chips, dip, food items that I will make
  • Order Food
  • Make Food
  • Make mints
  • Order cake
  • Decorate
Kera's Baby Shower
Baby Shower has been moved so now I am not doing as much. 
All items in blue I am not doing now. 
  • Make pacifier mints
  • Make rice crispy rattles
  • Make invitations
  • Mail invitations
  • Take a picture of her belly to add to the invitations
  • Purchase the car seat/stroller
  • Pick up items for prizes for the games
  • Pick up fruit
  • Decorate
  • Pick up baby bag and items in it for one of the games
  • Pick up blue yarn for a game
  • Pick up babies and place them in ice cube trays to make babies in ice.
  • Finish baby quilt
  • Finish receiving blankets
  • Finish burp rags
Before the baby is born
  • Finish Cross Stitch wall hanging
  • Finish Cross Stitch Bib
To Do List ~ 2011 Style
  1. To become healthier. Let's face it if I do not I know I am shortening my life. I have children who need me, I have soon to be grandchildren I want to see, I just want to enjoy life plain and simple. I know I am not invincible, we all will die some day, but I need to take care of myself. I plan to watch my sodium intake once again. Try to move more as long as the knee continues to let me. The weight I will lose will also help my knee, my high blood pressure, and possibly rid the borderline diabetes. I'm not going to say "I'm going to lose XX amount of weight by XX date. It does not work that way for me. Plain and simple, I need to become healthier.
  2. Organization. I am going to check this off once I have all of my closets organized, kitchen cupboards organized, and the shed. I see Craig List in my future for some things in the shed, if not then they will be donated. This house is packed to the gills now with so many boom-a-rangs flying back at us.
  3. To take my finances by the horn. I am going to get all the medical bills paid off and the one last credit card that haunts me previous to moving to Iowa City. I want this in the worse way. I want to join checking accounts with my husband.
  4. Joining Accounts leads me to the next thing on my list. Combine our car insurance. It's silly we both have our own coverage right now. I think it only makes sense to have one car insurance carrier.
  5. To actively find another job. I am praying the economy is good enough for me to cross this one of my list. I just want to have a "college level paying job". I have never had this strong of an urge until my 25th high school reunion. I feel as a career person I have failed. Do not take me wrong, I am a hard worker and succeed in that way, I just think I have failed with having a degree and working entry level positions. I want to have a savings. I want to be able to afford summer clothing or school clothes and not be paying for it 2 months later with my budget.
  6. Paint the inside of the house. Oh, this has been on my list for 2 years and the only thing I have not crossed off. This year will be my year.
  7. Continue with our dance lessons. What more can I say. I love it. I love spending the time with Todd. I love getting out and doing something enjoyable. I love working out and having fun as I am working out.

HMMM... I can't cross any more off of my yearly to do list.  How sad!

    2 comments:

    1. That is some list!!! You are doing a GREAT job!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You've gotten a lot done!!!!! Looks like you need to organize some closets. Me, too. I got the pantry done, but I have this one closet I have been avoiding. It's going to be a full day project... after graduation! I have several closets to do, but one in particular I'm dreading.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

    September Goals