Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Confessional


Photobucket
 

It's that time of week for Friday Confessional. Please join Mamarazzi  for confession!

I confess...

I can not wait for our garden to be complete. I am hoping we have a successful garden this year and very bountiful.

I confess...

Last year's sucked big time.  We already know the corn is going to suck again.  We planted it late and it became too hot.  The growth has been stunted like last year, however last year was because of too much rain.  Our zucchini's are not working because of the squash bore again.

I confess...

I am hoping we will have a good crop of cucumbers although we found many horrible cucumber beetles.  They have killed our entire plants the last two years.  I need to seriously find something to get rid of them that we don't have to spray on the plants.

I confess...

The Farmer's Market makes me anxious for our crops as well as the fear of pest ruining them.  The tomatoes so far look great.

I confess...

I am also anxious to freeze and can our veggies.  I can not wait to see how much food we get.  Last year we ended up with nothing to freeze or can.  It was a very disappointing Summer for our garden.

I confess...

I am also anxious for the growing season to be done because I want to get back to painting the inside of our house.  I have so many ideas floating in my head and I can not wait for them to come to live in my real world.

I know...this maybe a boring confession for some but typically I love Summer...this time, I'm anxious for the gardening to end.  Shhh... just do not let my husband know this.

4 comments:

  1. We didn't even get a garden planted this year. Time and the weather just got away from us. Not that we have much of a growing season here anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous you have a garden. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh veggies. Hubby won't let me have one. He's a meanie sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a garden so badly! Sigh, someday. I hate buying overpriced veggies at the store just to have them go bad super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm anxious to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.