Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket

It's that time of week for Friday Confessional. Please join Mamarazzi for confession!


I confess...

It has been a depressing and stressful weekend.  I swear I look like this for real...

 *** insert shrilling scream***

I confess...

This time of year is usually not my favorite time of year.  The craziness of getting the children back to school.  I thought it would be easier with only 2 in school and 2 in college.  Truthfully, the 2 in college are the most stressful.  They still do not have everything filled out for their financial aid packet AND YESSSSS   School starts in 10 days!  

I confess...

I swear they have their father's genes when it comes to procrastination like that.  **SIGH**

I confess...

Todd working days, I feel like I am seeing him less now.  Another dispatcher gave her notice.  They still do not have a supervisor so he is filling both roles.  He worked last night from 1 am to 7 am then 3 pm to 3 am today.  While we were on vacation I guess lightning struck the tower and they lost all their phones and computers.  This tower is suppose to be lightning proof or capable to handle lightning.  I just can not imagine an Emergency Communication Center not having phones or computer system.  I have no idea if they had a true 9- 1 - 1 Emergency and if so what they did.

I confess...

I left the house crying today and came home crying again.  When Todd came home he told me a sad thing happened.  Last night a 17 year old was driving a scooter and she was following her friends in a car.  Next the friends in the car saw some sort of spark and no friend on the scooter anymore.  They turned around to see what happened.  The scooter was in pieces and the friend was no where near it.  She did not make it.  She was going to be a senior this year, All American, into sports, volunteered time, She was one of the captains on the Volleyball team and was suppose to be at practice this morning.  This poor poor family, even worse her mother is in the hospital with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  Just heart breaking.  I made it through my day and flexed today.  I drove around town taking some pictures for an upcoming blog and happened to come across where the accident was.  They had flowers there and her volleyball jersey on the tree.  Several young girls were holding hands and crying.  I lost it.  The paper said she lost control when she was turning the bed and hit tree head on.  It just made me sick.

I confess...

Although my children are stressing me out.  I AM VERY GRATEFUL I HAVE THEM AND LOVE THEM SO MUCH.  Even if they make me look like the picture above.

What do you have to confess about this week?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OMG...wow. Your right things like this make you grateful for the children you have and family and friends...how SAD!
    Do you know what happened? My husband wants a scooter and I just think they are unsafe.
    Poor girl.

    Hope you have a better week next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.