Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket
It's that time of week for Friday Confessional. Please join Mamarazzi for confession!

I confess...

This week has been a repeat of last...stressful, however that is life.  We all have stress from time to time.  Mine right now is in full mode but it will lighten, it always does.  It is actually starting to look up some.

I confess...

It was so exciting listening to Ethan talk about his first day in high school.  When I dropped him off in the morning he looked a little scared.  He ended up not seeing his little girlfriend all day, no classes not even lunch, but he did walk her home after school.  This is a big deal because it is maybe a 20 minutes the opposite direction he needs to walk to come home, so he is adding 40 minutes to his walking time. 

I confess...

I simply love the idea he did walk his girlfriend home.  It makes my heart swell that I raised him to be respectful to females.  He even carried her books.  Awh... this one I raised all on my own from Kindergarten on. 

I confess...

This is Noah's last year in elementary.  Yes, my last year of having a child in elementary.  My elementary days began 17 years ago.  Wow! 

I confess...

I feel a huge weight off my shoulders when I received a call from Matthew (my oldest) this afternoon.  He explained that by 4 pm he will be able to register for classes.  Classes start on Monday.  He has a HUGE bill he had to pay before they would let him register for the new year.  All summer he has barely tried to find a job to pay this HUGE bill. He is lucky my Mom offered to lend him money or he would have had to take a year off.  (Thank you Mom!)

I confess...

It is going to feel strange next Monday knowing I have 2 children in college.  Another Wow!

I confess...

Last night my husband made me feel so wonderful.  We shared our concerns with our older 4 children, how they are stressing us to the max.  My latest battle with Matthew regarding his paperwork and registering.  As we were in bed, he rolled over, scooped me near him and told me that I am such a great wife and mother.  I love this man and I am so glad I have him in my life.

I confess...

It is going to be fun to go to Iowa State Fair this Sunday, just Todd and I.  The older two are working and the younger two are going to go to Adventureland (an amusement park) with their father that day.  I'm looking forward to some time in Des Moines and plan on seeing my Mom as well while we are there.

What do you have to confess this week?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I had plenty to confess, but I confess, I didn't get around to it. Hectic here trying to get ready for the 1st day of school Monday. I hope you and Todd have so much fun at the fair! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job raising a gentleman!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.