Saturday, August 6, 2011

The House on The Rock ~Journal 3 The Great House & The Orignial House

All pictures are from our vacation.

Tour One~Section One

The Gate House and The Original House displays magnificent architecture structure in my opinion.  The Gate House is an entry to the main house.  This room sets the mood that is carried through out the entire house.  I loved the exposed stone walls.  This section also contains a music machine that sounds like an complete chamber orchestra is playing. One also gets a little taste of the collections they will see throughout the other rooms.  Sadly I did not take one picture of the beautiful hearths that were built in The Great House nor the Original House.

The Great House


 An oriental wooden boat.
 Just look at the detailing included in this piece of artwork.

The Original House

The Original House carries the exposed stone walls as well as very low ceilings.  I am amazed how someone over 6 feet could not have a back ache by walking around in the house.  Alex Jordan Jr. started working on this beauty in 1945 by blasting and leveling the foundation on the rock.  In 1952, he added electricity and his collection of Tiffany lamps began.  It was Labor Day in 1952 when he opened his house to the public for tourism.  The Original House is filled with dark wood work and antiques on display as well as cultural artifacts.  The Original House has 13 rooms and the spirit of the house flows through each room.  A place to entertain in the evenings was the feel I got.  The stained glass was beautiful and the lamps complimented it.  It definitely had a warm and peaceful feeling. He also included some of the instrumental collections in The Original House.  His love for books was very apparent, he had bookcases after bookcases of books through out the house.

I must give my apologies to you all, I was so in awe of the house, that I took very little pictures.  Next time my friends, I will take more pictures and have more batteries with me as well as an additional memory card, so I can record more musical instrumental machines playing as well.

 One corner in the house displaying some artifacts and one of many Tiffany inspired lamps.
He and workers would make some of the musical instrumental contraptions themselves.  
If I recall this one played Bolero, just do not quote me on that.  
He had so many musical instrumental contraptions.  
I do know one of them throughout played it. 
This one I do remember...
It played the theme to "The Godfather"

JOURNAL 1~THE ORIENTAL GARDENS
JOURNAL 2~THE HISTORY CENTER 
JOURNAL 3~THE GREAT HOUSE & THE ORIGINAL HOUSE
JOURNAL 4~THE INFINITY ROOM 
JOURNAL 5~THE MILL HOUSE & STREETS OF YESTERDAY 
JOURNAL 6`THE HERITAGE OF THE SEA
JOURNAL 7~TRIBUTE TO NOSTALGIA & MUSIC OF YESTERDAY
JOURNAL 8~SPIRIT OF AVIATION & THE CAROUSEL 
JOURNAL 9~THE CAROUSEL, THE ORGAN ROOM, THE DOLL HOUSE ROOM
JOURNAL 10~THE GALLERIES & THE DOLL CAROUSEL

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.