Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday

This week's tackle was a wreath I made for a dear friend's nursery.  
She is a co-worker and it ended up as a gift from the team when we threw a surprise shower for her.

To make the baby nursery wreath I needed:
  • 1 grapevine wreath
  • ribbon
  • wooden cut out figures
  • paint
  • hot glue gun
  • floral wire
  • wire cutter
  • greenery

      1.  First I took the wider ribbon and wrapped it around the grapevine wreath as I wanted it to look.  I then glued the two ends on the back side of the wreath.
      2.  I then took the ivy I picked up at the Dollar Tree and cut to length.  I attached the branches to the grape vine wreath with floral wire.  You could hot glue it as well if you chose to.
      3.  I created my bow.  I wanted to have the 'ABC' blocks on the wreath as a ribbon since I was going to add the giraffe cut outs.  I felt the 'ABC' ribbon would make a better accent to the bow.  I then added the bow with the floral wire, again, if you wish you could hot glue the ribbon.  I tucked a little giraffe under the bow, this I did hot glue.
      4.  I wanted 'ABC' blocks to add but did not want to spend over $40 for a bucket of blocks for only 10 blocks, so I created my own.  I found wooden flat squares and painted them to look like 'ABC' blocks.    I hot glued the squares where I wanted them to be placed on the wreath and added the baby giraffe wooden cut outs that I found at Wal-Mart.
      5.  I added a little floral wire to the back to have a hook to hang the wreath on the wall.
Ta Da!  One nursery baby wreath.
The Mommy to be liked it and loved how neutral sex it is.
She plans to use it again with her next baby.
It makes me feel great when someone actually enjoys or likes what I made for them.
Very rewarding.

What did you tackle this week?

This will be added to 5 Minutes for Moms

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I missed growing grapes this year since we put up a new pergola. However, next year's pruning will yeild a lot of vines to make wreaths with:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I just love it when your creative side is out and running around. Then again, you always have been artistic. I know she has to adore it because it was also made with love.

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! You are so creative. I doubt I could make that! I really do admire your talent, and I miss visiting your blog very often. So busy right now! I'm going to MAKE time tho!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals