Wednesday, September 7, 2011
We Want to Know
This week's questions are from Queso - Mamarazzi and she hosted this.
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. Do you have any fun holiday traditions? What are they?
3. When do you start Christmas shopping?
4. What is your favorite holiday food?
5. Share a favorite childhood holiday memory
6. Have you ever actually tried fruitcake??
Well here is goes:
1. What is your favorite holiday? Valentine's Day is my ultimate holiday. It has been the one and only holiday that has always been what it is meant to be...celebration of LOVE. My favorite to decorate is Christmas.
2. Do you have any fun holiday traditions? What are they? We decorate the Christmas tree and my younger boys still help with decorating Christmas Cookies. Occasionally the older children assist. Not this Christmas but the following I will have my little Taj (my grandson) assist as well. I think I might try this year, he will only be 5 months, however I do not think he will understand. The children love the entire house being decorated but they do not enjoy assisting me put everything up. I try to add every year.
3. When do you start Christmas shopping? As soon as I see something on sale that I think the person I am buying for it will like. We have a few things picked up now for the kids. I do participate in Black Friday Shopping. I love getting deals! 6 years ago, I actually stood in line for over 10 hours for a lap top. I walked away with one and a black eye from a guy punching me trying to steal it out of my hands. *sigh* He ended up going to jail. It was the same year that people were trampled for the same lap top in Michigan I think. It's so sad that people have that type of mentality...yes, the savings are great but common people...it's only materialistic gift.
4. What is your favorite holiday food? I'm assuming we are talking about Christmas still. Oh my! My favorite isn't necessarily food, but I love Egg Nog! I cannot go through the holiday season without a glass of Egg Nog.
5. Share a favorite childhood holiday memory. Well, let's see. I hate to say it as a child, I did not have a lot of "happy" childhood holiday memory of the actual day, but I loved baking and decorating cookies and making Christmas candy with my mother, maybe that is why I go all out in the baking still.
6. Have you ever actually tried fruitcake?? Nope and no desire either.
Once upon a time there was this beautiful little girl. I met her when she was only 5. Over the course of 7 years she became my niece. This ...
Taj is such a Sesame Street Fan and when Kera changed the birthday party theme from Toy Story (he is a fun of this too) to Sesame Street tw...
When I met the boys' father, his father was just in the beginning stages of what they thought was Parkinson's disease only thing was...