Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Want to Know

Photobucket


Welcome to We Want to Know Q&A Wednesday



(1} What are 3 must haves for a long road trip?
{2} What was the destination of your most recent road trip?
{3} What do you miss most about home when on a trip?
{4} What is the furthest you have traveled on a road trip?
{5} Will you "stop for the largest ball of twine, etc" or are you a "hurry and get there" road tripper?

Here are my answers this week:

(1} What are 3 must haves for a long road trip?

  1. GPS, I need my GPS if I am going on a trip.  It has saved me from anxiety attacks.  I used to love going on road trips with just a map, but something snapped during my divorce now if I am not in an area where I know, I develop some anxiety, afraid I am going to get lost. It also did not help with my first HUGE fight with Todd.  Definitely will blog about that some day. 
  2. A partner in crime.  A long trip I need someone with me to keep me company.  Short trips or smaller trips I am fine with being alone but a long one and if it is only involving driving, I need someone with me.
  3. Good Music!  I perform in the car (so does my husband...I love watching him perform...singing that is.  He can make some really goofy faces on purpose when he sings.  He also can make some song into really funny songs by changing the words.) and sing and do a little car seat dancing sometimes...just saying.
{2} What was the destination of your most recent road trip?

        Well most recent would be to Des Moines, 2 hours but I really don't count that as a road trip since it I am just going home to visit family.  Prior to that would be Wisconsin when Todd and I visited the House on the Rock.  I have an entire serious on the House on the Rock.  I think a total of 10 for now.  I will add more when we go back for the Christmas display in November.

{3} What do you miss most about home when on a trip?

       Well that all depends...where am I going, why am I going, and who all is with me.  If it is a break from my loving children, then I probably miss... hmmmm...this is going to sound mean, but nothing.  I love being with them and around them but sometimes a nice break from the teenage stress is so welcomed.

      Most of the time it is not a break from my loving children, it may be just some one on one time with Todd and then I miss the boys the most. If it is a family vacation, again, it would be nothing unless one of the kids could not make it with us, and then it would be that child left behind I would miss and wish could be with us.  I enjoy time away from the sometimes stressful routine of life.

{4} What is the furthest you have traveled on a road trip?

     Well that would be when I was a child.  It would be either to Texas with family or to Colorado with my Grandparents.  The trip to Colorado was the longest I was ever away from home and the first time without my Mom.  

{5} Will you "stop for the largest ball of twine, etc" or are you a "hurry and get there" road tripper?

    Oh My Goodness...I am such a dork!  If we had time and did not have to be somewhere I would totally stop AND I would take a photo too.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha we perform in the car too. Of course we also perform in the middle of Target but that's a whole 'nother story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for stopping for the largest ball of twine!! i am a total dork too!!

    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.