Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Woo Hoo


Woo Hoo it is Wednesday!  This week I have a lot to Woo Hoo about.

Woo Hoo I received a great compliment from a co-worker today.  She actually is not in my department but another we support.  She will be transferring to another department within the next two weeks.  She came over to my desk and told me how she will miss working closely with me.  She told me how it was a pleasure to work with me and she could always count on me "actually getting it" and have the ability to explain to others on my team.  She told me how she will miss me and thinks that I am one of the best in my department.  She then laughed and said well...you are the best.  Woo Hoo, it is so nice to receive compliments especially from someone that you work often with from another department.

Woo Hoo that the CEO actually knows me now as well.  He is rather new to our company and we had a team meeting a couple of weeks ago where he attended.  We talked about how we are doing as a company since all the cutbacks.  There was a time for questions and I actually asked one.  Typically I just sit back quietly when it comes to these types of meetings, however we have new "challenges" regarding open enrollments now with voluntary benefits.  My questions all dealt with that.  After the answering time, both my manager and the CEO told me that I asked some great questions.  He then ran into me later that week and asked for my name again and shook my hand and then told me again what great questions I had and he was very impressed with me.  Today on his way out (I was covering the switchboard) he told me good night by my name and then stood at the door and smiled.  He told me he asked about me and has heard nothing but great reviews from several departments, he then told me he is happy I am the type of worker I am.  Woo Hoo he knows how valuable I am.  NOW maybe I can get into another department as well.

Woo Hoo for the garden.  I am feeling good so far with what we have accomplished so far.  This weekend more treats canned and to freeze.
Woo Hoo I found a pretty good sale at one of our grocery stores.  For a week they have celery for $1 and baby carrots for $1 as well.  We did not plant any carrots this year for some reason and this year was our first for trying celery and I do not think we planted them early enough, they are not ready to harvest yet.  During the winter we eat a lot of crock pot meals so today I picked up the celery and carrots, blanched them and sealed them in a bag to freeze.
Woo Hoo 4 quart bags ready to freeze...that is four crock pot of veggies for only $3 and the onions I froze earlier a a couple of weekends ago.  I do plan to pick up some more before the sale is over.  Woo Hoo what a great deal for me!

Woo Hoo for Taj!  I just love this little guy.  I am not the only one but the entire family does.  I do not know what it is but when we get around him all we do is smile.  We all just adore this little man.  Here he is with his new toy we picked up for him when we baby sit him on the weekends.  He loves it.  Woo Hoo!


What do you have to Woo Hoo about this week?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your grandson! Cute! And all those veggies look yummy! Plus, there's nothing like getting an unexpected compliment at work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals