Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CANCER is a term used for diseases in which abnormal cells divide without control and are able to invade other tissues. Cancer cells can spread to other parts of the body through the blood and lymph systems.

Definition according to the National Cancer Institute.  Just the word terrifies me to no end.  My first encounter with someone having cancer that I can recall was when my Grandpa Rich had it.  I was 14 years old.  He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in February and by August the monster took this wonderful man.  The cancer traveled to his brain as well.  My Grandpa was the glue that held my family together.  My next encounter with the beast was when my Grandma O'Connor had it.  I knew for 4 months prior to anyone else in the family.  I remember the day her medical claim came across my screen at work.  I could not share it with anyone.  It was a horrible secret I had to keep.  She had skin cancer and it traveled to her Kidneys and Liver.  Next was my Grandpa O'Connor, he had Pancreatic Cancer and went quick like my other Grandpa.

Now the beast has made a home inside my Dad.  A little more than a month ago we found out that he had Liver Cancer.  He is on a list for a liver transplant, but it is now just a waiting game.  Until last night, now the beast has a monster inside his Adrenal Gland too. I fear this is not a good sign for him.  He tells us he feels fine and healthy still.  I know he is terrified, watching his father die.  December 6 he will have an operation. We will know more then.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It seems so unfair to have so much pain and heartache in one family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.