Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Elton John: Tiny Dancer

Today while I was driving home I heard this song... "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John.  April 17, 2008 this song gave me a total different meaning.  It was played at a funeral.  One of Emily's good friend's mother.  Amy is such a sweetheart.  She has always been so kind to me and the boys since we moved here to Iowa City.  Always a beautiful smile.  It was her junior year in high school.  She has two older sisters one being 4 years older and the oldest 6 years older.  Both the older girls lived on their own in Cedar Rapids, it was just Amy and her Mom.  April 15th her Mom was driving home and was involved in accident, it was her fault and she died instantly.  My heart broke that night when I heard.  Poor sweet Amy, she did not have her father in her life.  Her oldest sister moved back so Amy could finish school here in Iowa City.  I got to know the older two girls, all three are such sweet hearts.  Their Mom did well.  Amy was going to be the first to complete high school and Amy's mom was so excited to see her in her cap and gown the following year, however life had another plan.  Chris I am sure was watching her daughter although she was in heaven.  This song as I stated was played at her funeral.  I think this was the most emotional funeral I have ever been too.  All the young people crying for Amy and her sisters.  They touched my heart.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how moving that must have been!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.