Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Confessional

It's that time of week again to confess. 
Come on and join in on the fun and link up or check out Mamarazzi



I confess...

I am very upset with many of my co-workers.  My department's hours are 7 am to 8 pm, well typically it is 7 pm but we have a client right now that requires our phones to be available until 8 pm.  This is will end in the middle of February.  No one wanted the later hours.  In the best interest of my team and co-workers I volunteered to work 4 10 hours days until 8 pm, however due to the holidays I have not worked the 4 10 hours days yet.  We have been short staffed and one day this week I was scheduled 8 am to 8 pm, actually two days in a row... Wednesday and Thursday.  We received an email from my supervisor stating we needed someone to work 7 am to 4 pm since the person who was going to cover the shift quit.  I told her I would only if no one else volunteered.  She then emailed the team again 4 hours later stating that I told her that I would if no one else did, however that meant I would be working until 8 pm and coming in at 7 am.  If anyone could work the 7 4 please let me know.  NO ONE did!  I had to work it.

I confess...
Today our office closed early and it was only a 5 hour day for me and I was so thankful.

I confess...

What I learned from my fellow co-workers is that I am still going to be a team player, however I am not going to be a door mat any longer.  I will let everyone take their turn and not look out for everyone and leave me last now.

I confess...

I am so looking forward to 4 days off.  I am looking forward to getting away with my husband.  Things are getting better.  I just have to work on the trust right now.

I confess...

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you get a few days off, sounds like you've been overworked a lot! Happy New Year! Hope it's a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. You know, I'd love to say it's something about *this* generation, but let's be honest, selfish people have been around a very long time. I understand your disappointment and raise it with, what was your supervisor thinking? Why didn't he/she just TELL someone it was their turn, pull out a calendar and have everyone take on a shift, or get creative (a 2-hour lunch?). I'm glad you have time off, but I'm truly sorry for the fact that you did all the work without the accolades, raise, or even appreciation.

    Hope your holiday weekend is fabulous! Enjoy every minute. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's bananas, people are so rude. enjoy your days off, you earned them!!

    Happy New Year!! Thanks for linking up, i always enjoy your confessions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the better person for being a team player and for volunteering in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good commitment - NOT being a doormat is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.