Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Confessional



Photobucket


It's that time of week again... come confess with Mamarazzi.


I confess...

I have had such a mixed emotion week again!  Seriously I want off this roller coaster.  LOL

I confess...

Last week I entered this contest at work.  It is kind of like the Biggest Loser contest.  It will be for 12 weeks and we are going to compare percentage of weight loss.  I think this is the fairest way because heavier gals will lose faster than smaller gals, so we need to be fair and if we all are really trying we need to be fair.  It cost each of us $10 to join.  There are 32 of us.  70% of the pot will go to 1st place.  20% of the pot will go to 2nd place.  10% of the pot will go to 3rd place.  Money is a good incentive to me.  One of my co-workers is the same size I am so she is who I mentally am competing with...but in a good way.  An inspirational way.

I confess...

I am already frustrated.  I was very proud of my first week.  I lost 3.5 lbs and felt good about my start...then...my one co-worker told me she lost 10 lbs.  She has been working out every day.

I confess...

I was so jealous that she can work out every day.  My knee is preventing me to do this.  I thought and thought about this, then I remembered my chair marching, so for two hours I marched in my chair while I was assisting customers.  Yeah!  How great is that, being paid for my job and working out.  Now do not judge this because chair marching can get your heart beat going and your calves start to burn after a while.  You are actually marching in place but sitting down.  Try it.  When you march, make sure you lift your leg entirely off the chair.  It is a great way for me to get some cardio in and not have the stress on my knees.  BINGO... I am going to get my cardio in now.

I confess...

I am excited for this weekend.  Todd and I are celebrating our first date this Sunday.  It will be 7 years from our first actual date.  We met online and had been chatting and corresponding via email until January 15th when we met in person for the first time.  The best first date ever, so we have this anniversary that we celebrate every year.  I know I just confessed about a diet but I plan on going off of it for one meal.  I plan to eat proper portions but not worry about what I am ordering.  I will definitely be bringing home a dogie bag.  Left overs for Todd for the next day.  The next day is no work either.  Woo Hoo.

I confess...

I do have some sad confession.  My dad had another MRI on Tuesday.  They were checking on the liver.  He had a special type of chemo done on November 1st.  This type of chemo was to freeze the tumor and put it in a dormant stage to prevent the spreading or growing while he waits on the liver transplant list.  However, when they did this procedure they found another spot on the adrenal gland.  December 6th he had surgery on it.  They ended up removing the entire gland because it was full of non-treatable cancer.  We were told by his doctor that according to the University where he will have his transplant, he has to go 6 months now without any new cancer or the tumor in the liver growing.

I confess...

The results from his MRI was not good.  They found something new in his liver.  They will not confirm if it is cancer but told him that they sent the results to Iowa City to the University.  Next Thursday, the team of doctors in Des Moines and the team of doctors in Iowa City will discuss what will be the best procedure for my dad.

I confess...

My dad is in very positive.  I heard his fear but he tried to hide it.  I do not think my dad realizes what this means.  He has been working so hard on doing everything the doctors have told him to do for his transplant.  He wants a new liver.  He feels good now, no pain.  I am very worried for him.

What do you have to confess about this week?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. my husband i met on line too. he had a torrid love affair with my voice mail for a good month or 2 because i was growing my business and he was in the academy where he only had access to his phone during certain times of the day. i ell for his voice and good humor about never catching me via phone.

    he is my best friend and we just celebrated our 6th anniversary.

    you can most def get your heart rate up from chair work outs. you should go and get yourself for pedals that just sit on the floor, spinning is a good cardio work out too.

    thanks for linking up. i am finally taking a break from packing, sorry i am so slow but i appreciate your confessions and the link up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.