Sunday, January 15, 2012

Product Reviews ~ Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind

Product reviews are of my own opinion and I have not been influenced or paid by anyone to state my opinions.  Products were purchased with my own money and not provided to me for any feedback.

COVERGIRL and Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
I was very excited to try this new foundation. I was hoping that it would work well and do what it claims in the commercials and the Covergirl's website:  infused with Olay Regenerist Serum and SPF 22, Simply Ageless Foundation stays suspended over fine lines and wrinkles, unlike the leading anti-aging department store foundation that can gather in wrinkles and make skin look older. Clinically shown to provide significant improvement in skin condition in just four weeks.  I am starting to see some signs of aging and I am not ready.  Yes, I am a Grandma and a proud one, but I still want to look young.

I read the reviews online and knew going in that the container is difficult to open.  I could not wait for the next day to try this product.  I had such high hopes.  I found the container was not as difficult as people stated or maybe I took their tips on how to open it.  I applied the foundation as online tips stated and was not impressed the first day at all.  I did not see what they advertised, but it was the first day. I continued to use it for a total of 4 days.  I thought that it did not hide my lines at all, if anything magnified them more, so I threw it away.  A couple of days later, I thought well, maybe I am applying incorrectly, so I dug it out and gave it a try for another 4 days.  Even after modifying how I applied it, I hated this foundation.  I have large pores on my nose and not only did it magnify wrinkles but it also magnified the pores.  I could not force myself to use it another day, so back in the garbage it went and stayed until I took the bathroom trash out to the trash bin.

I would rate this product a 2 out of 5 stars.  It was definitely not worth my money invested.


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Yes, I do have wrinkles beginning but I also have circles and the skin under the eyes are puffy as well.  I have seen advertisements for the above product and wanted to give it a try as well. The website claims: Anti-aging concealer targets and erases dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly.  I purchased it and have been using it for 2 weeks now.  I have to admit the first day I tried, I could not use it.  It did not matter how many times I would turn and click, the make up would not come down to the applicator.  I waited a couple of days and gave it a try again, this time I had success.  I can see a huge difference the first day.  It did erase the dark circles and the puffiness.  I have even had compliments from some co-workers as well while I was wearing this make up.  I am very happy with this product and will continue to purchase it as long as I need it. 

I would rate this product a 4 out of 5 stars.  I can not give it a full 5 only because of the difficulty I had with getting the product started.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the head's up on that Covergirl. I was thinking of buying it soon but now, I won't!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals