Sunday, February 12, 2012

Redneck Wine Glasses

One of my co-workers/facebook friends posted a picture of what is called 'Redneck Wine Glasses'.  She made a comment how this would be perfect for an anniversary gift.  I just had to look, the place she posted it from was charging $15 for a set.  I explained she could make it, it looked simple to make.  Of course this put me on a mission to make for her.  TaDa!  Redneck Wine Glasses for $2.  I had the mason jars, from canning.  I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up two glass candle stick holders...total $2.  I already had some glass glue, that is suppose to be dishwasher safe.

First clean the candlestick holders and the mason jars thoroughly. 
Once all pieces are dry, place glue on the edge of the candlestick as well as on the bottom of the mason jar.  You will need to hold the candlestick to the jar for 15 minutes up to 60 minutes.  Then let it cure for 24 hours.
After you have the base is glued and does not move, place a couple of books on top and let them set for 24 hours.
Low and behold... a set of Redneck Wine Glasses.  My cost only $2.00.

I'm going to post this in 5 Minutes for Mom's ... Tackle It Tuesday 
 Making Lemondae's... Refresh Your Nest Friday
Adventures-In-Mommy-Land...Weekend Show and Share 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Shut up!! That is toooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they would be adorable for centerpieces too; add a votive candle, or a floating candle, or flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delight party guests with this hilarious Rednek Wine Glass. Perfect for sipping your favorite beverage, this whimsical glass also makes a great decor piece. But don’t keep the fun to yourself, the Rednek Wine Glass makes a truly one-of-a-kind gift for friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.