Saturday, March 17, 2012

What? An Award?!

It was a typical day while I was on vacation, reading blogs I follow, actively participating on Pinterest, Facebook, and reading emails.  I happened to open an email:


Hi Jolene,

I just stumbled upon "With A Little Help From My Friends" and you have a really great site! I like that you showcase so many different crafts and projects as well as recipes. Your desserts look incredible, you have great photography, and your tutorials are also easy to follow.

I’m an editor at Be @ Home, which is part of Become.com’s blogging network, and thought your site was particularly exceptional. I wanted to give you a button for your site for being an “Editor’s Choice.”

If you’re interested in receiving this e-award, please let me know and I’ll create a custom button for your site and send you over the HTML code.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!

I sat there at first with my mouth open and then re-read the email.  I never started blogging for any type of awards.  Wow, was this serious?  I then checked out her blogging network and I liked what I saw.  Wow, was this for real?  I looked all over the blogging site.  Wow, was this timing good for me or what?  I mean, I feel like there has been so many downs in my life right now and winning something just out of the blue feels good.  I know it is an e-award but for someone taking the time to look at my blog site and thinking it is worthy of an "Editor's Choice" makes me feel darn good!  This person has no idea how many more projects I have planned or in process.  It is funny because I have made a decision during my vacation this past week, I plan to take all of my flex Fridays from now on.  Usually I take them only if I have plans because I am usually training someone.  I thought the 2 1/2 hours off early every other Friday would be great "ME" time...in other words crafting time, of course if I have something planned that will trump it but planning something on those Fridays are unusual.  Now that the weather is getting nicer, I will be able to do many more projects.  Look forward to seeing my new bird feeders, bird bath, wine glass painting, wine glass etchings, and many more projects.


Thanks so much for the award Kristina!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals