Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy List



Photobucket


Here is my HAPPY LIST this week.


I am so HAPPY that my Mother was so wonderful to stay with my boys while Todd and I were in Las Vegas. It was very comforting to know, I did not have to worry one bit while I was enjoying myself with Todd. HAPPY !!! I also loved knowing the boys were having time with their Grandmother. I know they miss spending time with her since we have moved and this was a time she had that she could dedicate to them and not have cousins as well. I think this was so important since it is rare they have moments like this.

I am so HAPPY she had a good time with them as well. She took all 4 of the boys out to eat on Friday. They went to Hu Hots, their favorite. Later that night all but Matthew (he had to work and he worked a lot because of the USA Wrestling Olympic try outs were here in Iowa City. He said they were crazy busy. I am sure Todd was very HAPPY he was not working because I am sure they were crazy busy too.) any way back to my original thought. I was HAPPY to hear my Mom and boys were able to go to City High’s Spring Musical Chicago and enjoyed it. My Mom cracked up laughing out loud when she heard the kids up stage actually cursing as the original production. She was shocked but thought it was funny that the kids on stage were cursing in front of their parents like that. I heard it was a great production, a little sad I missed it but so HAPPY the boys and my Mom have that memory together. She also took the younger two to the Ceramic Shop and painted. She loves doing this as well as Ethan and Noah.

I have such a wonderful Mother; she washed all of the boys’ clothing so I did not have to worry about it. She vacuumed the carpet again (we did it on Wednesday right before we left.) and she made the younger boys clean their room. I mean it is clean, they both told me now they know where I get it from and why I always tell them after they clean it that it is not clean by my standard but I will accept it because it is better than it was. It was so nice to come home to a clean home again. HAPPY My Mom is a wonderful Mom. She knew we would be tired… We only had 4 hours of sleep Saturday night and had to check out without a room Saturday. We had a 3 hour and 15 minute flight to Chicago and no chance of sleep because of where we sat on the plane. We had to drive from Chicago to home, typically a 3 hour and 30 minute drive but we had to stop for breakfast because we were so hungry. We managed to make it home by 12:30ish to a nice clean home and a wonderful smelling home. HAPPY my Mom made lunch for us. She wanted me to be able to relax and do very little when I came home. My Mom makes me so HAPPY. I wish she lived closer so I and the boys can see her more. She is pretty Wonderful.

Of course on my list I was HAPPY we had a good time and great vacation in Las Vegas. Very HAPPY we rented a car our last day and drove to see the Hoover Dam, absolutely beautiful. Most of my pictures (all but 3) turned out. I took 295 photos on one camera and 95 on my newer camera. My old camera has better action shots.

I wish I would have remembered my newer camera has the panorama shot while we were on the strip at night. I do love the above picture where I used it while at the Hoover Dam.

Alright, I have listed the above that made me HAPPY, however I saved the best for last…

These HAPPY moments made my heart fill with HAPPINESS!!!!

• Meeting a friend for the first time. We have been friends for 5 years now via Internet. She lives in Las Vegas. There was no way I was going to make it to Las Vegas and not meet her. Our last day there we ended up having lunch with her and her children. We were able to pick one another out in the crowd right away and hugged each other our first moment of being close. It was as if I have always known her. She was just as nice in person as she has been through the Internet all these years.


• Ethan, my 15 year old running to me with his arms spread out, “Mom (with it long and drawn out) I missed you!” My snuggler that has not been so snuggly for a while due to his age.

• The smile from all 4 of my boys when they saw me.

• Taj just about jumping out of his mom’s arms when he saw me. I think this is the longest he has gone without seeing Grandpa or Grandma. He just giggled and giggled when he saw the two of us.

What do you have to be HAPPY about this week?  Come join in with Mamarazzi.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your mom rocks! She babysat while you went to Vegas, and had the house clean for you upon your return!!! Wow, I would be so happy, too. It is fun to meet blog friends, isn't it!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh coming home to a clean house after anytime away from home is fabulous. so nice of your mama.

    i am also glad that you met up with an internet friend. we need to do that!!

    thanks for linking up your happy, sorry i am sloooooow getting here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals