Thursday, April 12, 2012

UBP12 - Let The Party Begin!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

Welcome to my little blog.  I am very glad you stopped by.  I joined the fun last year, my first blog party.  I loved getting to know more people in the blog world.  I still read several of the blogs daily.  It was the first time I have ever tweeted and felt so overwhelmed by not understanding what I was doing.  I still am not a pro with twitter yet.  I was so excited when I started reading Susan and Janice post about this year's blog party, only thing is I am going to have to be a party pooper and skip out towards the end.  For the first time, my husband and I are going to get away for more than 2 days.  We leave for Las Vegas on Wednesday and come home on Sunday.  I am not positive if we will be bringing the lap top or not at this point.  However, I did not want to skip and NOT participate at all.  Let me take the time to introduce myself and my blog.

My name is Jolene and am married to my Prince Charming, Todd.


We have been with one another for 7 years and this July married for 4 years. 

I'm a mother of 4 boys, Matthew soon to be 22, Joshua soon to be 19, Ethan who is 15, and Noah who is 12.  I am a step mother of two girls, Kera who is 24 and Emily who is 21.

This photo is 4 years old...I definitely need to get an updated shot of the entire gang

Since last year's party I have become a grandmother.


Oh he is My Sunshine!  Joshua graduated from High School.  We had a few trips Midwest vacations.  I dropped all my protective walls where my father is concerned and I am so glad I did because about 6 months later he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  I am very happy that our relationship will end on a good note out of love instead of guilt.

My blog is about about my life.  The highs and lows.  I participate in some Memes and enjoy doing so because of interacting with other bloggers.  I post some recipes and crafts/projects.  I can not wait to get to know more of you and hope you take the time to get to know me too...so now....LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the UBP:) I hope you and your hubby have a great time in Vegas! Your family is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful!!! It's funny how much can happen in just one year. It's so nice to meet you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic time in Vegas. Totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great looking family! Great to meet you from UBP! Can't wait to catch up on the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congrats on your grandbaby! I know. It is hard to keep up with how fast they grow! I'm visiting from the UBP12 Party. Here is my party post: http://www.laughwithusblog.com/25-random-things-about-me/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to "meet" you! Just dropping by from The Ultimate Blog Party I am looking forward to networking with you and getting to know you better! I hope you have the opportunity to visit our blog! http://www.thehealthymoms.net/2012/04/ultimate-blog-party-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time with your husband! I'm glad you decided to join the party anyway!

    I'm so glad you reconciled with your father. That's one thing you will never regret!

    Thanks for stopping by Lemon Drop Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by for the party, it's nice to meet you. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #ubp12 party time, excellent! Glad you made the connection on my blog. I see you have a garden... I would like to try growing one and may pester you with questions. And like Eos Mom says, you do have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have had quite a year. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the UBP12. You have a beautiful family and you must be one busy gal! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful family you have! Your grandbaby is so precious! Look at those checks! Swoon! I hope you have a blast in Vegas with your hubby. I am so ready for a getaway with my hubby too. Hopefully soon.
    Have fun and enjoy the #UBP12 ! I am now following your site and if you need any help with twitter let me know my handle is @zebastyandylan . I am not an expert but I do spend a lot of time there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely that your husband is your prince charming after 7 years together. I personally know it can be difficult to blend families even with the best of kids/folks. Thank you for sharing your life.
    Viva Las Vegas!!

    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love Vegas! We were actually married there because I couldn't imagine a wedding anywhere else. :)

    This is my first year for the UBP and I'm already feeling behind.

    parentingwithresearch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Nice to meet you!! Your grandson is adorable - those eyes are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting Pink Cheeks! And congrats on being a grandma! I hear - from my mom - that it is the best job ever :) Happy UBP12!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...