Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gardening 101 - The Introduction/In The Beginning


Hi there!  
Welcome to Gardening 101
Where I will share what is on my mind with gardening.
Planting tips, possible pest issues (trials of different techniques) 
as well as how everything is growing.  
House plants, flower gardens, flower pots, container gardening, 
raised bed gardening, and gardening. 
As well as canning, freezing, and other topics regarding gardening.

Now I am no expert by far and my husband and I (mainly myself)
have another blog about our garden.  Our Slice of Heaven
I plan to keep both blogs alive and some of the post may be identical, however the other is more of a garden log as well.

I am very excited to start this series.

My background with veggie gardening: Prior to 4 years ago,
my husband and I tried gardening in 5 gallon buckets.
We planted tomatoes and peppers. 
We had some success with the tomatoes
but no success with the peppers.

In 2008 we started our first raised bed garden.  8' x 16'.  
It was very successful with tomatoes, cucumbers,
 onions, radishes, broccoli and cabbage.  
We planted peppers and carrots but did not have as much success. 


The following year we decided to enlarge it and it is now 16' x 24'.
We also garden inside 4 tractor tires as well as tubs.


I also started my first flower bed that summer.

This year we are starting a new adventure and decided to 
garden in a community garden as well.
Our plot size is 10' x 50'.
We already are experiencing new challenges.

I hope you all enjoy this new series.
Advices and/or comments are welcome.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.