Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Don't Like Spiders or Snakes


I do not like spiders or snakes for sure!


 
When I was younger, before 1st grade, my sister Lisa would chase me around our yard with garter snakes.  After I became older, I realized garter snakes are harmless, but back when I was only 6 or 7 they terrified me.  I am still not very cozy with the creatures and they still kind of weird me out, but I can tolerate them a little.

Spiders, OH MY GOODNESS... I hate spiders.  I remember back when I was in high school, calling my boyfriend to come over to my house while my parents were at work just to kill a spider for me.  As soon as he heroically saved me from the spider I kicked him out of the house because he was not allowed to be there without my parents being home.  I did not want to go against their rules.  I would end up telling my Mom what I did and she always laughed, so I think I had her approval.

I became braver regarding spiders once my children were born.  I would kill them so they would not get my babies.  NOW if they are big and ugly, I just ask the boys to kill it for me.  If I am alone, and they are big I will kill them, because the stupid things like to bite me while I am sleeping.  For some reason, I am seeing a lot of spiders lately.  I do not remember this many spiders in the past for this time of year.  Fall, yes, typically trying to come in from the cold but spring I do not recall as many and nearly as big.

I just do not like spiders and snakes...

And do not even get me started about cockroaches and mice!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh, but I *like* spiders and snakes. Basically because I HATE and am a bit scared of cockroaches. Mice are mice. Spiders eat cockroaches (especially black widow spiders which we have out here), and snakes eat rodents. I'd rather have them than the others. However, to each his/her own. Thanks for my morning chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals