Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Random Ramblings

I have not had the opportunity to blog much this week.  I have been very busy with trying to catch up around the house with things for the weekend prior with Taj's birthday.  I have been busy with the garden, to be more exact the Sugar Snap Peas.  We have picked 3 times now and we have had 3 stir fries from it as well as 4 sides for dinner.  I have also blanched and froze 10 more meals as well as 6 more stir fries.  I think we will have one more picking and then it will be time to remove the pea stalks from our early Spring planting.  We will then plant more later for a Fall crop.  I am very happy with our Sugar Snap Pea crop so far.

We also had a busy weekend watching Taj this weekend.  On Saturday, Todd and I took him to the park where the community garden is.  We saw our first zucchini's growing.  We also went to the splash pad there.  Ethan and Noah did not want to go with us, if they would have joined us, it would have been perfect.  I did enjoy watching Taj and Todd.  Taj would make the funniest faces when the water would hit him.  My Wordless Wednesday is my favorite that I took.  Here are a few others...
 
 
 
 I am also fighting a sinus infection.  I am trying to prevent bronchitis because I do not want to be sick when we go on vacation.  VACATION, oh how I can not wait for you to come.

I missed my Happy List this week... but I am going to throw a quickie inside my Random Ramble here.  I am Happy that Joshua has been calling me every week since he has gone to the East coast.  I am Happy that Matthew has been working this summer and no major fights this summer.  I am Happy Ethan and Noah are enjoying time a part in their own rooms this summer.  I am Happy my Mom will be going on vacation with us.  She needs this and deserves it.  She has so little time for her to enjoy what she wants to do because of helping other family members.  I am Happy I was able to talk to my Dad on Father's Day this year.  I am also Happy that Noah wished Todd Happy Father's Day this year.  I am Happy we have hired everyone we need now at work.  We will finally be at full staff in a couple of weeks.  Now just to get through the training of them.

Can we talk about cats?  I am totally frustrated with ours right now.  For some reason (not sure which one or more than one) is not using the kitty liter boxes.  One of the cats is using it, the other two are just crapping and peeing where ever they want in the room where the boxes are.  Someone is also peeing on my throw rugs in the main living room.  I have had to toss 3 now.  I am not happy with them, nor is Todd.  We are totally frustrated and do not know what to do about it at this time.

Mmm Mmm Mmm... we had some delicious Sugar Snap Peas the other night.  I made up my own recipe and it was delicious!  Watch for a recipe post soon.  We also had our first zucchini from the garden today. Nothing is better than fresh veggies from your own garden.

My Dad's MRI was postponed.  He started his Chemo Pills late so they chose to put it off.  He will have a CAT scan on July 31st and hear the results on August 1st.  I am so worried about the tumors growing in his liver since he is losing weight and lost his appetite.  I also fear what they say about the spots they found in his lungs a couple of months ago.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am sending your dad all the positive energy I have!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals