Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Confessional


Photobucket


It is that time of week again...confession time.

I confess...

Vacation is going well but day 2 I was very angry with my Mom.  She made me feel so horrible about my size.  She made 2 comments about how large I am and on the metro rail, she made a big deal about me sitting in the only seat (a tiny seat) next to a man.  I told her to take it but she kept making a big deal.

I confess...

It really really made me mad because an older lady sitting 2 rows behind said something to the woman next to her that it's awful because I do not want to sit there because of the black man next to the seat.  During the entire ride, she would look at me and roll her eyes.  I wanted to scream at her and my Mother that it has nothing to do with the color of anyone, I just could not fit in a tiny spot next to a bigger man.  There just was not enough room.

I confess...

The longer we were on the metro rail the angrier I was getting at my Mom, it just reminded me back when she and my father would make little remarks to me... I wasn't even fat then.  ERRRR

I confess...

Even though she angered me to the Nth degree, I do love her.

What do you have to confess about?  Come join Mamarazzi.
 Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh God. MOTHERS! Mine is always on my case about my weight. I know she does it because she loves me, but I wish she'd just shut up about it. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That's pretty rough because the desire to have a wonderful, calm, fabulous vacation was bumping against your feeling of being judged and not accepted. That's a hard position to be in and stay nice. I can only hope that it wasn't your Mom's intention to make you feel bad, and that she wasn't thinking about what her harping was doing to your self-image and mental state.

    Did you ever talk to her about your feelings and what she said?

    Have a great time in OH. I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms can be so hard! I have mommy issues as well! So sorry for your heartache over this! I too confessed at Mamarazzi's place. Check me out The Lone Tater

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that criticism. I think you are beautiful just the way you are. My mom can also be critical, and it just drives me nuts with her cuz it's like the pot calling the kettle black. Anyway, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that super sucks. tell your mama that these are your curves and she is welcome to enjoy the view...silently!

    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.