Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reflections ~ 4 Years Ago


Today is Our Anniversary, our 4th although we have been living with one another now for 7 1/2 years.  We are celebrating it in Rehoboth Beach, DE for most of the day on a family vacation with my sons, Ethan and Noah as well as my Mom.  Later we will be driving to Dover, DE and spending the night.  We have plans for my Mom to watch the boys at the hotel while we go out for dinner.  I hope it is some great seafood restaurant since we are on the East Coast.  I figure, we live in the Midwest so the seafood should be much better on the East Coast, since corn and pork is much better where I am from, makes sense to me.

The two of us never really had a honeymoon or even a honeymoon phase in our relationship.  We sort of just jumped in like "old married couples", I think mainly because we both had been married for 15 and 16 years to another person and had children from the previous marriage. We both had custody of our children making it a house suddenly of 6 children, 17 year old, 15 year old, 14 year old, 12 year old,  8 year old, and a 5 year old.  We had so many teens right from the start.  We have had a lot of trials with our children but I love we stand together and support one another.

He is still my prince charming and means the world to me.  I still feel very fortunate that he is my boys' step-father.  Here is my favorite wedding picture of the two of us.  You can just see how happy we truly are.


And of the family, our first Family picture.  A day everyone was happy.  The girls even cried.


Click here to read about last two years Reflections along with many more wedding pictures.

Happy Anniversary Todd, I love you!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. a lovely post and super pictures, no wonder you are so happy integrating such a large family, it does take time to meld all together so worth the effort.. I had 5 and John had 3, so that was interesting... took a while, but they all get along like a house on fire, and now we have been together 22 years!! I lasted 23 in the first, so still some to go .. Thank you for recommending me, I shall try and link up if I find out how to do it!!!! hugs from across the pond.. Janzi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals