Wednesday, July 4, 2012

We Want To Know



Welcome to We Want to Know Wednesdays Q&A
Hosted by Mamarazzi and Crazymama

null

 Kenzie @ CBMommyhood wants to know...
{1} What are your 4th of July plans?
{2} Are you going to set off fireworks?
Which has Crazymama wondering...
{3} What is your favorite BBQ side dish?
{4} What is your favorite BBQ main dish?
{5} Do you decorate or dress in red white and blue for the 4th?






Here are my answers this week:
Kenzie @ CBMommyhood wants to know...
{1} What are your 4th of July plans?
Until last night we did not have any, well nothing fun.  Todd works all day and the boys are doing things with their friends during the day.  I thought after 7 pm when Todd comes home, he, Noah, and I might go down to the Pintacrest and watch fireworks, but last night when Todd came home he asked if we wanted to go to a party a co-worker is throwing, so now we have plans to go and see fireworks with a bunch of people we actually know. 

{2} Are you going to set off fireworks?
No, we can not actually set off fireworks.  It is illegal here in Iowa for every day people like us to set off fireworks.  It does not mean we do not cross the border to Missouri or Kansas or Wisconsin and buy them.  We just have to smuggle them back into Iowa.  Then we can not get caught setting them off or we could get a ticket.  (I have not smuggled since I was a teenager.)

Which has Crazymama wondering...
{3} What is your favorite BBQ side dish?
Definitely Corn on the Cob.  Iowa has the BEST Sweet Corn.  I guess if I had to pick between setting off fireworks and our Sweet Corn, Sweet Corn would win hands down.

{4} What is your favorite BBQ main dish?
BBQ Ribs is my favorite with BBQ pulled pork a close second.  We served BBQ pulled pork at our reception. I know not to fancy of a meal but it was mainly our Moms, his sister, his nephews and nieces, our children, 4 co-workers, and 3 friends.  It was small and in our backyard.  PLUS we made all the food ourselves.  Okay, what am I saying I made everything plus our wedding cake, so BBQ pulled pork was just fine for our wedding, it was perfect for our wedding. 

{5} Do you decorate or dress in red white and blue for the 4th?
We have a few decorations, but I am working on making a few more.  I just did not have the time for them this year, but next year, my door, fire mantel, and table will have new decorations.  Do I dress red, white, and blue.  I used to, but I haven't for a long time now.  Today will be something light and cool because we are suppose to have a high of 100 degrees and the humidity on top of it will make it feel like 106 degrees...We are in a heat wave and I am all about feeling cool when it is so hot it's hard to breathe when you go out.  (OH I Know... I will be wearing red.  I'm coloring my hair red again today.  bahahahaha.  I'm a dork and I know it.)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hey glad to hear you have a party to go to. Hope you have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July! hope you have a wonderful day XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo for last minute party plans. I love sweet corn.

    They just legalized fireworks in az last year. But I haven't bought any. Feel like a waste of money.

    Thanks for linking up and i hope you have a fabulous 4th

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. Cant wait to see how your red hair turns out. Enjoy your day with people that you know. I think fireworks are illegal here but that doesn't stop the people from setting them off...what good is the law for anyways! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. fireworks...i like the ones in the sky but i am not a fan of the kind people buy and burn.

    i love sweet corn, i bet it is amazing over there!

    thanks for linking up...i am slow again this week *le sigh*.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.