Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacation Day 2 ~ The Lincoln Memorial


I very much enjoyed this memorial for so many reasons.  I always wanted my picture with the large statue of President Lincoln sitting in the chair.  I definitely did not take the stairs due to my knees, however Todd and the boys did on the way up.  Going down, they all followed my Mom and I down the ramp compared to the stairs.  I hope you enjoy the pictures!
 Each state's name (that was a state during Lincoln's Presidency) is inscribed on the Memorial
 
 
 
 
 
 The view from Lincoln Memorial
 
 
 
 
 


2012 Vacation Day 1 ~ The Drive 
2012 Vacation Day 2 ~ Washington D.C.
2012 Vacation Day 2 ~ WWII Memorial
2012 Vacation Day 2 ~ The Lincoln Memorial
2012 Vacation Day 3 ~ Washington D.C. 
2012 Vacation Day 3 ~ The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum 
2012 Vacation Day 4 ~ Washington D.C.
2012 Vacation Day 5 ~ Delaware
2012 Vacation Day 6 ~ Pennsylvania
2012 Vacation Day 7 ~ Cleveland, Ohio 
  

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I'm so glad you got that well-deserved vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals