Monday, September 24, 2012

An Award!

Friday I was given the Liebster Award from Becca @ Everyday Life.  This makes me Happy, although tomorrow is the day for my Happy List, so this post will be about the award itself.


This award has a few little rules that are simple enough for me to follow.

Here are the rules:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  • Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
  • Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
  • No tag backs.

 11 things about me for those who may be new here
 
  1. I am very much in love with my husband.  Seriously in love.
  2. My boys mean the world to me and I have grown very fond of my step daughters as well.  I would move mountains for any of them if I could.
  3. I am so in love with being a GRANDMA and have an awesome grandson.
  4. I love to craft and I am so trying to make more time for it when I am not busy doing something from the gardens.
  5. I am absolutely nuts over Paul McCartney or anything dealing with the Beatles.
  6. I know how to do the Rumba, Salsa, Miranga, Cha-Cha, 4 step - Latin, Waltz, Fox Trot, Swing, 4- Step Swing, and Slow Dance.  My husband and I took 5 semester of Ball Room Dancing.  It was so much fun.  We are not masters of any of them and would never win a dance competition but we do know how to dance and have a good time.
  7. I love music.  It is very important to me in my life.  
  8. I know how to play the piano.  I am not any good now but I was decent back in high school.
  9. I used to be a decent tennis player back in junior high school and high school.
  10. I am not athletic at all any longer.
  11. I am a dorky sentimental person and would not change that part of me. 
My list of 11 questions to answer:


  1. What are you currently reading or would like to read? I am still working on The Help.  I need stronger glasses to read with.  I had to wait until this month when I am eligible for new frames, which reminds me, I need to make my appointment.
  2. If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would it be? This would be tough, commonly I would say Paul McCartney but I have been missing my Grandparents in the worse way lately.  This is why it would be tough, there are three that have passed and I want to see.  I guess I would have to pick my Grandpa Rich if I was forced to pick only one.  The reason it would be him, is because he passed away when I was in 8th grade where the other two have been within less than 16 years.
  3. If you could go back in time to one day in your life which day would it be and why? The day of my second wedding.  It was such a perfect day.  I felt so much love.  The kids were all happy. We messed up a few little things, but I would want to repeat it all over the exact same way.  The little mess ups just made us laugh and it was just perfect.
  4. Long or Short hair? Medium hair.
  5. Favorite cartoon as a kid? Oh, I had several but my ultimate would have been Scooby Doo.  I quit ballet for Scooby Doo.  My classes were Saturday morning and I did not want to miss. 
  6. Morning or night person?  Evening. I am not a morning person and the older I am getting I am not a late night person, but I do enjoy the evenings the most.
  7. If your life was a movie what would it be a comedy, drama, horror? DRAMA definitely drama with a little comedy entwined.
  8. If you found yourself pregnant at this moment would you want a boy or girl? Oh DEAR!!! The thought frightens me.  I have had my chance of populating the earth.  My time has past. My voice would be for neither.
  9. Hit shuffle on your iPod or if you don't own one turn on the radio and name the first song that plays? Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.
  10. If you were a singer and had to pick a duet partner who would it be and why? No brainier on this one.  Paul McCartney of course.  :)
  11. Name the last movie you watched be it on TV or in the theater? Theater would have been the Batman movie.  Last night on TV, The Hangover.

My list of 11 questions to answer:


  1. What is your favorite color?
  2. If you had a song that would fit your life, which song would it be?
  3. Do you eat breakfast in the morning?
  4. Dresses or pants?
  5. Favorite Artist? (this would be music, performer, or actual art.)
  6. Where is one place on earth you have always dream of going to? 
  7. Dog or Cat?
  8. Do you believe in Angels?
  9. What is your favorite flower?
  10. What book would you recommend people to read? 
  11. What is your favorite season and why? 
My 11 nominees are:
  1. Kelly @Kelly's lucky you
  2. Forgetfulone 
  3. Charlene @Adventure-In-Mommy-Land 
  4. Aimee @a day in the life of my crazy little world...and all the messy details. 
  5. Suzanne (Rhonda) @Everything but the Kitchen Sink 
  6. Jill @Jill's World 
  7. Julie @Whimsical Worlds 
  8. Janzi @Rosie Dayze 
  9. Rambling of The Cool Chick 
  10. My Family...My World! 
  11. Ricki @Art@Home
  12. Any person I may have left off...this one is for you.
Take the award and post it but remember you must follow the rules I did even if I fussed the whole time. In the words of Becca..."Go be Fabulous my Friends."
Photobucket 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award Jolene! I will try to play along sometime this week, I always love answering other's questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this because you really get to know folks when they answer fun questions....

    I will play along and answer the questions but not nominate anyone. I know I am breaking the rules, but I have something really important going on this week, and I won't have much time for blogging (I will email you details about it, Jolene)...

    I think its neat you know all those dances! I bet you love Dancing WIth the Stars!!!

    Yay for Scooby Doo! He was my favorite, and I also liked the Jetsons. The Jestsons turned fifty today!!! ;P

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. # If you were a singer and had to pick a duet partner who would it be and why? No brainier on this one. Paul McCartney of course. :) Great answear !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals