Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of Simple Joy~Day 4


Today's simple joy is extended family.  I have a very large extended family both my mother's side and father's side.  On my father's side, I have four aunts and three uncles (ages range 70-54), 17 cousins (ages range 52-16), four great cousins.  On my mother's side, I have six aunts and six uncles (ages range 65-51), 23 cousins (ages 50-14), 16 great cousins, and 9 great great cousins.   I remember such joy at the holidays when I was younger and when my grandparents were alive.

Today I went back to Des Moines for a few hours.  My Uncle Paul passed away.  It was the first time I have seen my cousins and a few aunts and uncles since my grandpa died 8 years ago.  It was great to hug them and listen to stories told of our parents when they were young.  This is truly a Simple Joy.  It was very sad we lost our Uncle Paul, but he is no longer suffering and he was tired of waiting to die.  He is in a much better place, one we know he was also looking forward to going.  He was the last of his generation.

31 Days of Simple Joy ~ Day 7 Music
31 Days of Simple Joy~ Day 6: Messy Taj
31 Days of Simple Joy~ Day 5: Autumn
31 Days of Simple Joy~ Day 4: Extended Family
31 Days of Simple Joy~ Day 3: Taj's winking.
31 Days of Simple Joy~ Day 2: Happy List/Kera's Birthday Dinner
31 Days of Simple Joy~ Day 1: Analogy on how our grandchildren will arrive.

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I wish you well in your healing from your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.