Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Confessional

Photobucket

It is Friday and that means Confessional time once again.

I confess...

I really was hoping, no praying this Ketogenic diet was going to work for my niece.  The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control (refractory) epilepsy in children.

I confess...

Miranda will be 4 next month and she really has not had much quality of life as of yet.  We all were hoping, no praying this diet would work and slow her seizures down.  If this diet worked then the medicine which is delaying her talking, her interacting, would be lighter dose if any.

I confess...

It was scary knowing she was going to have to be in the hospital for the first week of this diet because it is very dangerous and can be life threatening switch.

I confess...

My heart felt a tug when my Mom told me that they had to stop the diet.  It was not going to work.  Her keytones were horrible.  Her glucose nearly bottomed out.  They are now testing to see if she is hypoglycemic and they are testing her for some other genetic disorder.  We are not any further then we were before.  They are changing her meds, a type which is suppose to help the type of seizure that come in clusters.  This is what she is beginning to get now.  She has been going to the ER every week due to these seizures, 8 in 6 hours.

I confess...

I worry about her so much, not only her but also her sisters.  One is in third grade the other in first grade.  These little girls adore their sister and worry so much about her.  Children their age should not worry like this.

I confess...

I wish I had the power to help Miranda.

I am sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this is my confessions this week.  What do you have to confess about?  Aubrey for High-Heeled Love is hosting Friday Confessionals for Mamarazzi while she is on a break.  Come check her blog out and join the fun.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.