Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for our house.  I love this house and it is finally starting to feel like my home.  I have lived in this house for close to eight years but until January 2011 the house was mainly decorated and painted when Todd and his ex-wife lived here.  I have a few of my decorations here and there but it did not feel like it was part of me.

Our first renovation was the kitchen.  I love how it turned out.  You can read about it HERE if you want.  We just completed the little details recently. I love the white hinges we added.  It just adds a little more character.
I also love my plates I decorated.

We painted the main living room but I have not posted any pictures as of yet because I am not done with adding my touches to it.  We have completed the wall portion in the small living room, I posted about it HERE.  We still plan to add more, like painting the baseboards and a few other additions here and there.

I am thankful for the nice size yard we have for gardening and the children to be able to still play in the yard.  I love our porch.  This was the first room Todd and I did together.  The only thing his ex had a say in was the carpet they bought together, but everything (no walls just frame was there prior) was a choice Todd and I made.
 
 
 


Our house could have been a little larger when we had all six of the children living here but we made due.  Now with just two boys living here it seems so much bigger.  I feel for those who have lost their homes from storms.  I know the feeling of being displaced, when I was 16 we had a house fire.  I am very thankful we have a home to come to at the end of the day.  A home where we feel safe and welcome.  A place where we belong.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals