Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's Wrong With People?

I am worried about how we humans treat one another.  Are we forgetting the teaching of The Bible?  Luke 6:31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Alright so why the bullying?  Why pick on a person because they are different from you?  I read and hear stories about people who are picked on because how they look or because of their mental ability, or how about because who they love.  It just sickens me.  We are not to judge.  Matthew 7:1-5 "Do not judge so that you may not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye."

Why are so many people turning their heads and allowing this behavior?  Nothing angers me more than peers, especially turning the other cheek instead of helping those in need.  Those who do this are setting a horrible example of how to live one's life.  I applaud those who are willing to stand up for the rights of others.  I read an article last week about this high school football team protecting this non-popular girl who had some learning disabilities.  She was being teased and bullied.  The quarterback took it upon his self and then asked his fellow team mates to walk her to class or sit with her to make sure she is no longer bullied.  This article made me feel there is truly hope for the human race.  These boys not only did something wonderful for this girl but they too mentioned they received reward as well with becoming her friend.

I know going through one's high school years and junior high school years can be challenging.  I guess I never worried about fitting into one type of group.  Do not take me wrong, I did not want to be an outsider but I had no problems being friends with all.  As long as someone did not mistreat me or do wrong unto me, I would attempt to be a friend.  We had one girl who had horrible scars on her body.  She would have this odor due to the scares.  I was new in this junior high and so many kids would tease her.  I just sat down next to her and did my best not to show I noticed the odor.  I was her friend up until 11th grade when I over heard her talking about me.  At first I was so angry thinking how dare she, I am the one who stood up for her.  I never made fun of her or avoided her because of her smell, trust me some days I really wanted to but it was not who I was then nor now.  Behavior of others leads me to my next discussion today.

We have been taught and know one can win an election not by the people's choice but the by the delegates vote also known as the electoral votes. As adults we teach our children not to throw fits or tantrums if they lose or not get his/her way.  I have never had this concern before regarding the people in our nation.  I can say I enjoy the freedom we have or know of.  We are taught in school and by adults how our country gives us a right to vote for our leadership.  Why on earth are so many Americans acting like toddlers right now just because who they voted for did not win this past election?  It is very discouraging we can not act as adults should act.  A woman runs over her husband where he is hospitalized and in critical condition because he did not vote and Obama won.  People signing up to have their state secede from the Union again because they are not happy with the way the election turned out.  I used to think it was just the generation who are teens and twenty year old who thought they were entitled to everything and thought everyone owed them.  I guess by the actions I just wrote about it is not only the younger generations who act this way.  The way the people are acting truly worries me.  What kind of Nation are we turning into? When did we forget how to play well with others and accept that our person is not always going to win?  I realize our choices this election had issues but we had an opportunity to chose which one would lead our Nation.  In some countries the people do not even have the opportunity to vote.  To run another person over because they did not vote or because of low voting turn out is not a reason to secede.  How depressing are we as a Nation or even as human beings?

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.