Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Year in Review.


It is hard to believe 2012 is nearly over.  We survived December 21, 2012 everyone!  Here is a re-cap of my year.

My baby graduated from elementary.  A new phase in my life, no more elementary children.  I have had someone in elementary for 18 years straight.  Click here to read about it.

 

A lot of Taj moments.  Click here to read about one of them .
 
 
 
He turned one in June.  Click here to read about his birthday party.
Halloween Rocked this year.  Click here to read about it.
 
I participated in two blog swaps.  My Favorite Things Swap, click here to read about it and my Favorite Color Swap click here to read about it.  Both women did a wonderful job.

I was able to do a little crafting.  Here are my top three I enjoyed the most.

L O V E Letters.  Click here to read about it.

Redneck Wine Glasses. Click here to read about it.

Wooden Angel. Click here to read about it.
Children:
Kera:  She was promoted at the spa and is actually doing what she went to school for, esthetician.  She chose to stay in the apartment she and Emily rented last year.  Taj has his own bedroom now.

Matthew:  He sliced the tip of his finger off at work, he is currently at corporate for management training where he will be either a general manager or assistant general manager for a year.  This will be great for him and he will be able to definitely earn enough money to finish his last year and half of college.  He met a wonderful girl and he is in a healthy relationship.  He and four other friends moved into a house to rent.

Emily:  She moved out in August to a duplex with a couple of friends.  She was promoted at work and is now a head teacher at the daycare she works. They are going to pay for her to go back to school and get her GED as well as her associate for teaching.  She has matured so much and is finally happy.  She found her way and she is shining.

Joshua:  Oh my!  This kid took a costly adventure this past Summer. He now has a full time job as a phlembotomist and a part time job still at the grocery store.  He is working on paying his debt back to the University so he can continue college as well. I think it will take him a little while to do this.  Joshua loves to spend money but he is paying his bills along the way.  Joshua moved out in August as well and is in his own apartment with a wonderful room mate.

Ethan:  Near the beginning of the year his heart was broken and he seemed lost most of the year, however near the end he found someone to help mend his heart and he too seems happier now.  I am happier as well because he is finally applying his self at school.

Noah:  As mentioned above, my baby is no longer in elementary, he is now going to junior high.  I am terrified with this one.  I hope he does not give me the problems like his brother Joshua.

In 2012 we had the opportunity to travel.  Todd and I flew to Las Vegas and spent a few days there.
If you want to read about our stay, click here
 
We also drove to the Herbert Hoover Dam while we were out in Las Vegas.  What a breath taking view. Click here to read more about it.

In the summer we took a road trip to Washington DC for a few days.  My Mom joined our family vacation this year.  Click here to read about our days in the Nation's Capital.
 

We spent a day in Delaware.  Click here to read about it.
 
 
 
We drove through Pennsylvania.  Click here to read about it.
We stopped at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.  Click here to read about it.
Dad's cancer is still there and in November we were told he has six months.  However, we had one of the best Christmas I can recall in years.  Click here to read about it.

We had a very successful year with our gardens.  Our first to garden at the community garden.  Click here to read about it.  
 
Over all I had a good year.  I have a husband who loves me and I feel so lucky to have in my life.  Our children are doing great.  I hope that 2013 is just as kind to us as 2012 was.

Untitled




1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was an amazing year! I'm so happy for you, for all of you! Your family sounds wonderful Jolene and I am so proud for you for your amazing children. A happy, happy New Year to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.