Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012 was a good one for me.  It will most likely be my last with my Dad.  This Christmas all of the boys chose to postpone their Christmas with their Dad to go to Des Moines with me and spend with my side of the family since we were told last month my Dad has six months to live.

This was the first time since I was 15 years old to have both my Mom and Dad and all of my sisters together with me for Christmas.  I have a sister who can not stand another sister and the last time they were together she tried to beat her up. I was so proud of her for keeping her mouth and hands to her self.  It was absolutely a great memory we will have of my Dad's last Christmas with us.  He has lost a lot of weight and his skin color is not great.  Here is a picture of my boys with my father last year.
 And this one was taken on Christmas this year.
 
My Mom worked hard on her house and the basement was ready for family as well.  There were 24 of us at my Mom's.  I loved listening to my boys playing pool with my Dad in the basement.  They were so impressed at how well he plays.  They giggled and laughed about the good time they had with him while I was driving us home, two hours away.

The younger nieces had fun and there was less screaming and running around with the basement complete for everyone too.
 
 
 My Dad with the younger girls.
 My great nephew.
 Ethan playing with the baby.
 My sister Lisa and her son with his family.  
Her daughter (my niece) was the only one who could not make it.
 
 Me with my Dad and boys.
 My Mom with Miranda and Joshua.  She looks so tired here.
 My Mom with the boys and below me with them.
 
 My sister Amy and her son Carols with my Dad.
 
My sister Katie with her family and Mom and Dad.  

It was a very happy Christmas.  One I will cherish forever.  I hope you all had a great one too.

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Jolene, I am so happy for you that Christmas went so well with all the family gathered together under one roof... no wonder your mum looked a bit tired!!! also having to cope with the thought that her loving husband is not going to be with you for much longer. I saw, looking at your dad, that he is really young at heart and a hippy to boot!! I was a hippy in the 60's too, not so much free love, as love everyone and give them the time of day.. I hope that a miracle happens and your dad has more time, but if it doesn't, then you all can know that this Christmas must have made his heart sing having all his kids around him!! May the New Year bring you all comfort and love and make the dreams come true... from my house to yours, Janzi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals