Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Confessional

Photobucket


It is that time of week... Friday Confessionals.  Mamarazzi will be back after the first of the year hosting her parties once again. Mean while Aubrey from High-Heeled Love is doing an outstanding job filling in.  Thank you Aubrey.


I confess…

I have not blogged a whole lot the past two weeks. It did not have anything to do with the holiday, well okay it did a little but I was so behind from being sick. The week prior to Christmas during the middle of painting our main bathroom, Todd came down sick with the nastiest flu ever. Of course I got it two days later only being four days before Christmas. I did not have the luxury to rest and re-coop like Todd did. He was down three days, I was down one day and the next day I pushed myself until I could go no longer. I took many many breaks because I was still sick, but I did not rest like I should. I am so glad Christmas is over because I did not feel like I was able to enjoy the time leading up to it.

I confess…

However, it was a GREAT Christmas. If you want to read about Christmas Eve click here and about Christmas click here. I think it was the best EVER Christmas day for me. It was so wonderful having all of my sisters together without fighting and my Mom and Dad too. Mom had a male friend there with his children, he seems nice. I am just so happy we will have this Christmas as a positive memory with our Dad. I even took a picture of myself that day. (See my new photo in my profile.) I usually do not like pictures of me, but this photo is a good one. My happiness must have shined through in it because I was truly happy. Only two things could have made it better, my niece Julie being there (She is in Texas and is near the end of her high risk pregnancy so she could not travel.) and having Todd with us. He had to work.

I confess…

This year's Christmas decorations were very simple. I did not have the time to make what I wanted as well as decorated. Here are our simple decorations this year.



I confess…

Tonight we are going to go out to some place new for dinner to celebrate my birthday which was yesterday. I am excited. I have such a wonderful husband, he surprised me with dinner last night so I did not have to cook on my birthday. What a keeper I have.

I confess…

I made a big decision in my life. I am going to apply outside my company. I do not want to go much into details about it as of yet since I am in the early phases but wish me luck. This is a major decision for me with the fear of another recession coming and the risk of no FMLA for my Dad but it is something my husband is backing me up 100%. I have such a wonderful husband.


Untitled



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday belated! And I love your decorations! I think they are very festive. :) And yay for a husband who doesn't let you cook on your birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry that I'm just getting around to commenting on your post. I'm trying to catch up with all who linked up when I was out of town.

    I hope by now you're feeling better!

    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.