Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Confessional


 photo HighHeeledLove_zpsbbcc137c.jpg

It is that time of week again. Confessions... good for your soul.

I confess...

This is going to be a ramble of confessions.

I confess..

I am so frustrated with family some, sisters not children.  I miss the closeness we used to have but I do not see it ever coming back.  I am glad I live two hours away so I can not see them more on a day to day case or I might be the meanest big sister ever by telling them how I feel.  Now, I bite my tongue not to cause issues for my parents.  I am frustrated with the way my Mom is being treated.

I confess...

One sister thinks she is all it and actually she is not.  No one is.  I am very tired of her judging everyone and thinking she is so much better.  She snapped at my Mom for asking the doctors what stage my father's cancer is and it was then he was told he had six months.  She lives her life as not asking, she feels it is better not to know.  She deals with this daily regarding her own daughter and all of her health issues.  That is fine if that is what she wants to do with her own child, but our Father is not a child.  He wants to know so he can get things in order.

I confess...

I wish I did live closer for my parents.  I want to be there to help them go to the doctors.

I confess...

Tuesday was wonderful.  I had the day off.  I had my chance of opportunity (still praying) and I enjoyed the day with my husband, Todd.  He had the day off as well.  We ended up going to lunch with his mother in Davenport.  I really enjoyed visiting with her.

I confess...

Thursday was not bad.  I took another vacation day, in order for me to be at my Dad's doctor appointment.  The appointment was three hours and basically nothing.  The doctors in Des Moines failed to send his scans therefore the doctors in Iowa City could not states "Yes, you are a good candidate for this or that." We do not know if he can have this type of freeze chemo or not without the scans.  It will buy him a few more months if he gets it.  Good thing though, he has out lived their expectations.  They did not expect him to live past six months from the last time they treated him, which was November 2011.

I confess...

I love this kid's new hair cut.  He is the apple of my eye for sure!

I confess...

I love the two women who sit by me at work.  They know and see how I am treated at work and know the stress from work and my Dad's cancer.  When I came back to work I found this on my desk.

They told me that they felt I needed a bear hug.  I love them.

What do you have to confess this week?  Come join the fun at High-Heeled Love.

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I confess, the "apple" of your eye is ADORABLE. :) And those are some pretty cool co-workers you have. It helps when someone from the "outside" sees what you're going through and actually wants to help ease your pain rather than heap on more stress. - Ugh, and don't even get me started on family crap. I only speak to 2 of my six siblings. I just can't deal with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your dad. But what great co-workers. Amazing that people like that can turn things around if even for just a little while. Sometimes I hate being the "big sister" because I just want to beat my siblings. It is like please grow up already.. Life is about more then you. So I so understand. Hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene, I'm so sorry that things have been so stressful lately with your family. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that you got to spend some quality time with your MIL.

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Confessional. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.