Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Rambling


Tonight Todd and I will be going out for our Valentine's Day Dinner.  I can not wait.  I need to get out and do something fun.   Today I purchased new curtains for my small living room.  I am still trying to update it.  It is a slow process.  Unfortunately, I can not hang my new curtains.  Remember, the house was my husband's and ex-wife's and it was mostly decorated by her until recently in the past couple of years.  One room at a time it has been changing over to us or my suggested colors.  I never put the valance up in the small living room and I was totally disappointed when I found out the current curtain rod in place would not work with my new curtains.  I cried.  Yes, I literally cried over it.  I do not know what is going on with me.  I am so weepy lately.  I feel like I am dragging my chin constantly.  I have not worn eye make to work the past week and half because I will sit there and all of a sudden tears will roll down my cheek.  I try to concentrate on the good in my life, but sometimes it comes from no where.  Maybe while Todd and I are out, we can pick up a new curtain rod so I can hang the curtains tomorrow.

I am excited for tomorrow I plan to work on my painting.  I am sure I will have two of the canvas paintings done and a few more snowmen votive.  I am also in hopes of making a different type of votive for a friend of mine.  Her birthday is coming up and I need to finish it to mail the darn thing to her.  I want it to arrive on time this year. Besides painting, it is Sunday, which means a new episode of Walking Dead and Shameless.  I can not wait. 

Enjoy your Saturday.
 
Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jolene. I have so been there with the tears and I could go into a big, long explanation of what I did, blah, blah, blah but instead I will say, perhaps your creative outlet will help stop those tears a bit. :) AND, I can't wait to see more votives and your paintings. I have so many creative, talented bloggee pals, it just amazes me that you're all out there! Have fun on your date tonight.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MiMi, Thank you. I am hoping the creative outlet will help also. It is therapeutic to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals