Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday- Bonus Recipe Included


I am participating with Becca from Everday Life

Well here it is another Weigh in Wednesday and I am happy to report another loss.  It is not as large as last week but I understand this will happen.  I may not be as happy :P  I did not do as well this week with the exercising.  The past four days I did not drink my 64 ounces of water, both of these are important for weight loss.  I must do better this upcoming week.  I do know Easter Dinner will be challenging. 

I have learned to eat healthier it is taking more time.  We are not eating anything (well Todd and I, sometimes the boys get a different meal because they hate any form of fish.) processed so making things from scratch takes more time.  It takes more time planning my meals for the week, not only am I planning but I am calculating how many carbs will each meal have.  This is a very important factor for both Todd and I (more Todd) right now because of our health conditions.  Me being Pre-Diabetic and him Type II Diabetic.  It is taking more time to grocery shop right now because I am once again looking at each item and comparing carbs for each brand, for example tonight we plan on having burgers.  Todd and mine will be turkey burgers to be healthier (maybe eventually I will sneak it in for the boys too once I am making everyone patties instead of buying the pre-patty form from the store.)  I wanted to buy the lowest carb available for buns, which we all will eat.  I ended up looking and comparing ten different brands of buns to find the lowest carbs per bun.  Typically after I get home from shopping it takes awhile to put everything away, but now it is taking even more time.  I am washing all the veggies and fruit, cutting veggies and putting them in containers to make them easier to grab for a healthy snack.  This also cuts down my time when preparing salads.  I also prepare our patties to freeze for dinner later in the week.  I have to weigh the meat to make sure it is four ounces for one serving size. 

I have a lot of accountability right now weighing on me.  I need to make sure this is all done to help me and most of all my husband because his health is more at risk.  When it comes to our meals, I weigh or measure the food I am plating and give him his proper portions as well as mine.  He has to be accountable for his snacking and I am proud he is doing better now.  I know eventually the shopping will becoming shorter once I am familiar with which brand to buy and I am looking forward to that day because right now I am not enjoying grocery shopping day one bit. On top of what I listed for reasons of becoming healthier just takes more time, I also log everything I eat and try to take the time to exercise.  Although it is more time consuming, it is all worth it.  I know I have not been on this new healthier journey for very long, but I am feeling like I have more energy.  My skin feels softer from all the water I am in taking I believe.  I know the longer I am doing this and the more weight that comes off, the more energy and easier getting around it will become.  I can not wait for that day.   Below are this weeks stats.

Last week's goals:
  1. Track Food Daily   Yes, I did do this.
  2. Walk 20 minutes a day  No, I only did this three days.
  3. Drink 64 oz of water a day No, the last four days I only drank half of what I need to.
This week's goals:

  1. Track Food Daily
  2. Walk 20 minutes a day
  3. Drink 64 oz of water a day
Fat Stats: 
Last week: 2xx 
This week: 2xx
Total loss from last week: 3 lbs
Total loss total: 23 lbs


Bonus Recipe:

Mashed Cauliflower
This week we tried something new to replace mashed potatoes.  I am sorry I never took a picture of it but will prior to me transferring this recipe to my recipe tab. ( I have many I need to transfer.)  To be honest, the boys could not even tell the difference.  They both hate cauliflower too.  What a great way to sneak it into their diet.  This recipe is for four servings, serving size is 3/4 cup of mashed cauliflower.

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium to large head of cauliflower (or 1 frozen bag of cauliflower)
  • 3 oz of cream cheese (we used regular cream cheese because it is lower in carbs to low fat cream cheese.)
  • Seasoning to taste  (this could be as simple as salt and pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, we used steak seasoning for ours.)
Directions:
  1. If you are using fresh cauliflower clean and cut your cauliflower to florette like you would get if you are using frozen cauliflower.
  2. Add cauliflower to steamer and steam until cauliflower is soft.
  3. Once steamed move the cauliflower to the food processor (or blender) add the cream cheese and seasoning and process to your desired consistency, your preference lumpy or whipped.
  4. Add mixture to serving bowl.  It is as simple as that.
Enjoy!

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. look at you go you're learning so much and you've made wonderful progress. You inspire me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gook Job, Jolene! You will make it through Easter okay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals